Subject: [Tools-discuss] Re: [xml2rfc] Mr I. Property is authoring a lot of drafts...

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:18:50 +0200

On 2008-1-25, at 19:23, ext Marshall Rose wrote:
>> the format of 1id-index.txt seems to have changed. It now indicates  
>> whether an IPR disclosure has been filed for a draft, e.g.,
>>
>>  "Profile for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)  
>> Congestion ID 4:
>>  TCP-Friendly Rate Control for Small Packets (TFRC-SP)", Sally  
>> Floyd, Eddie
>>  Kohler, Intellectual Property, 18-Nov-07, <draft-ietf-dccp- 
>> ccid4-01.txt,.ps>
> ...
>> I'd be good to fix this before the IETF submission deadline comes.
>
> thanks for catching this. the scripts have been updated to ignore  
> this. it should take about 24 hours before the files themselves are  
> corrected.

Thanks for fixing this!

However, note that there are other issues that still exist with 1id- 
index.txt. For example:

   "TCP Friendly Rate Control (TFRC): Protocol Specification",  
University
   London, Sally Floyd, Jitendra Padhye, Joerg Widmer, Intellectual  
Property,
   25-Jan-08, <draft-ietf-dccp-rfc3448bis-04.txt,.pdf>

I don't know why it says "University London" as an author, instead of  
"Mark Handley" (or why the "College" is missing.)

Something's still fishy with the scripts.

Lars

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:31:35 -0800

> I don't know why it says "University London" as an author, instead  
> of "Mark Handley" (or why the "College" is missing.)
>

sorry, it's not the scripts, it's the 1id-abstracts.txt file that the  
secretariat is putting out. the scripts parse the file based on the  
same rules that have been in place for the last N years.

last week, i added a thing to deal with the "Intellectual Property".

if someone has a thing of lists that we should ignore like  
"University London", i guess i can add those.

however, perhaps the secretariat might want to review their  
procedures for producing this file, and understanding why it's gone  
sideways...

/mtr

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:38:26 +0200

On 2008-1-28, at 19:31, ext Marshall Rose wrote:
> sorry, it's not the scripts, it's the 1id-abstracts.txt file that  
> the secretariat is putting out.

Sorry for being imprecise - I meant the scripts that generate 1id- 
abstracts.txt on the secretariat side. I only CC'ed the xml2rfc list  
for information.

Lars

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:41:55 -0800

> abstracts.txt on the secretariat side. I only CC'ed the xml2rfc  
> list for information.

oops!

my bad.

/mtr