Subject: [Tools-discuss] getdrafts not working for IETF 71?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:50:26 +0100

getdrafts 1.02 does not download any draft for the next meeting:

%  getdrafts -V 08mar behave ippm
WG: behave
  URL=http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/agenda/behave
Couldn't get agenda for behave
WG: ippm
  URL=http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/agenda/ippm
Couldn't get agenda for ippm
NOT FOUND: WG: behave
NOT FOUND: WG: ippm
Found 0 out of 0 drafts

It seems that getdrafts relied on HTTP content negotiation (behave
agenda is behave.html and ippm agenda is ippm.txt) which does not (no
longer?) work on the IETF Web site.

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:07:27 -0800

At Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:50:26 +0100,
> longer?) work on the IETF Web site.

Ah. That's fixed in my latest version at:

https://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/ekr/getdrafts.pl

which tries to look for all the possible extensions, as well
is somewhat more aggressive about dealing with bogus draft
version numbers.

Henrik,
I see you've made some changes in the version you're distributing
off the tools Web site. If you let me know/give me access to
the svn repository where you're maintaining these, I'll
merge the changes in and check it in.

-Ekr

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:08:27 +0100

Hi Stephane,

> longer?) work on the IETF Web site.

Right.  I'll forward this to the AMS people.

	Henrik

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:17:12 -0800

At Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:08:27 +0100,
> Right.  I'll forward this to the AMS people.

IIRC, this actually wasn't reliable even with the NSS site, which is
why I introduced the "look for all extensions" scheme I use
now. Don't remember the problem, though.

-Ekr

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:21:15 +0100

Ekr,

On 2008-02-29 15:07 Eric Rescorla said the following:
...
> merge the changes in and check it in.

Great.

You now have access with both --username [email-masked] and
[email-masked], with the respective tools.ietf.org passwords.

The URL is:  http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/src/getdrafts

	Henrik