Subject: [Tools-discuss] I-D.ietf-eai-dsn

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:33:56 +0200

Hi, <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/> shows a tracker link for
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/draft-ietf-eai-dsn/>, but the
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-dsn-06.txt> page
doesn't.  

Trying to figure out what rfcmarkup does, this can't happen,
in <http://tools.ietf.org/draft/draft-ietf-eai-dsn/now> I
see a "docidnum", "docphase" doesn't begin with "ID-Exists":

Rfcmarkup 1.62 never run for this draft after the PubReq,
the old HTML page was apparently created by version 1.58.

Is the code calling rfcmarkup 1.62 also visible somewhere ?

 Frank

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:26:52 +0200

Hi Frank,

> Is the code calling rfcmarkup 1.62 also visible somewhere ?

What results in calling rfcmarkup is pretty convoluted; to
put it simply (hmm), there's the 404 script which generates the
html version if none exist, then there's a cron job which
removes old conversions after some time, to make the features
of new rfcmarkup versions gradually be applied, and finally
there are scripts which remove html versions when something
significant has happened, like publication of an RFC, which
should be reflected also in the htmlized version of the draft.

It's quite possible that I've simply missed setting up the
removal of htmlized drafts at the point when they are sent
to the IESG, and a [Tracker] link should appear -- I'll have
to go and look.

(Of course, the short answer to your question, which won't
be nearly as helpful, is `rsync rsync.tools.ietf.org::`. )

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:00:36 +0200

>> Is the code calling rfcmarkup 1.62 also visible somewhere ?
[okay, bad question, see below]

> to the IESG, and a [Tracker] link should appear -- I'll have

It's not that simple, it worked for the two other EAI drafts.
 
> Of course, the short answer to your question, which won't
> be nearly as helpful, is `rsync rsync.tools.ietf.org::`.

I forgot to mention "visible for V.90 users", rsync won't
do, I don't want to start a fourth IETF tools server at home
for modem fans... ;-)

 Frank