Subject: [Tools-discuss] Feature suggestion for idnits: "PK" check

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:44:17 +0100

Hi,

I have one suggestion for idnits: it could issue some kind of mild
warning if the first two letters in the file are "P" and "K".

Apparently, Internet Explorer gets confused by this, and thinks the
draft is a ZIP file (ignoring the MIME type returned by the web server).
For example:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-01.txt

This is clearly IE's fault (www.ietf.org is returning "Content-Type:
text/plain" as it should), but since this will cause lot of confusion,
it wouldn't hurt to warn about it.

(BTW -- this never happens with xml2rfc, since it always begins
the file with an empty line.)

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss