Subject: [Tools-discuss] Possible bug when extracting author info from drafts

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:43:54 +0000

Hi.

An aggrieved author contacted me to say that I had left his name out of 
a reference to this draft 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec/ in a draft I 
just submitted (draft-ietf-nsis-ext-00).

Having checked up, it appears that although the draft text clearly has 
four authors only three names/email addresses appear on the I-D data 
page and the generated bibliographic reference used by xml2rfc also has 
only the same three out of four authors.

Any ideas?

I noted that the said aggrieved author only specifies a name and email 
address with no organisation or other contact details. 

Regards,
Elwyn

PS
Is the system discriminating against retired authors?
Signed,
Another (semi-)retired author.

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:36:18 +0200

Hi,

this is usually due to errors in the metadata database maintained by  
the secretariat, and you should email them. The XML reference  
descriptions for xml2rfc are generated based on secretariat data, I  
believe.

Lars

On 2009-2-5, at 21:43, Elwyn Davies wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss