Subject: [Tools-discuss] Something seems wrong with ietf.org website

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:30:02 -0700

(BCC'd the iesg-secretary )

It is insanely slow for me today.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 19:11:44 +0100

> It is insanely slow for me today.

I see ~ 0.5 to 1 second response times to page or image requests, which
seems to match the load of the box, which is varying around 0.5 to 1.

(If you see something very different than this, then the rest of this
note doesn't matter...)

This is not a heavy load, but it's nevertheless more than I'm used to
seeing.

The top CPU consumers seem mostly to be virus scanning processes, so it
could be that there's uncommonly much spam coming in which require spam
scanning rather than just going through postconfirm confirmation handling.
Also, I see that the number of mailman commands I see which are flagged
as spam seems very high at the moment, which points in the same direction.

	Henrik

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 11:22:37 -0800

> It is insanely slow for me today.

I'm not seeing anything from here.  I am only 20 miles away from the
server center, of course, but pages for me are loading pretty much
instantaneously.

(I am not on these mailing lists, so I wouldn't have known about this
had Henrik not cc'ed me on his response, but by the time I checked in,
everything seemed to be running nice and fast again.)

Glen

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:33:40 +1300

It's just fine from Auckland (at 20:31 UTC on Sunday, i.e. 12:31 p.m. PST).

I am using IPv6.

    Brian

On 2009-02-09 06:30, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:32:58 -0700

Working fine for me now. At the time I sent my previous email, it was  
taking 15 to 30 seconds to load the front page at http:// 
www.ietf.org/. It's certainly possible that the weirdness was  
happening on the Cisco network.