Subject: [Tools-discuss] www.fenron.com offline?

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:46:32 -0600

This is pretty remotely tied to ietf-tools, but I thought I'd ask in case 
anyone has a suggestion...

I use Bill Fenner's very helpful XML2FRC validator at 
http://www.fenron.com/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/, but that website isn't 
reachable for me right now (tracert dying about 20 hops away, in 
static.etheric.net).

Is there an alternative online validator that anyone can point me to?

Thanks,

Spencer, one day before 00 cutoff...

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:13:14 -0500

Spencer,
      It may be a blip in the routing between you and fenron.  I can 
load that page just fine.

Regards,
Brian

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
> This is pretty remotely tied to ietf-tools, but I thought I'd ask in 
> case anyone has a suggestion...
> 
> http://www.fenron.com/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/, but that website 
> isn't reachable for me right now (tracert dying about 20 hops away, in 
> static.etheric.net).
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:24:06 -0600

Hi, Brian,

Thanks for the feedback - it's working for me now, too. I was trying to help 
someone with XML that didn't XML2RFC on ID cutoff day - but he chopped up 
the input until he found the problem!

Spencer

> Spencer,
>      It may be a blip in the routing between you and fenron.  I can load 
> that page just fine.
>
> Regards,
> Brian
>
> Spencer Dawkins wrote:

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:40:06 -0600

At the time Spencer sent the note, he was helping me.  As it turns out, 
I couldn't load the page either.  I've been in Mexico all week and it 
has not worked at all, Monday through Thursday.  I'm now back in the 
office, near Washington, DC, and it works fine.

I guess "blip" depends on your point of view.  :-)

Jim

-- On March 6, 2009 3:13:14 PM -0500 Brian Haberman 
<[email-masked]> wrote regarding Re: [Tools-discuss] 
www.fenron.com offline? --

> > This is pretty remotely tied to ietf-tools, but I thought I'd ask
> > in  case anyone has a suggestion...
> >
> > isn't reachable for me right now (tracert dying about 20 hops away,
> > in  static.etheric.net).
> >