Subject: [Tools-discuss] ID tracker anomaly?

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:35:08 +1300

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the ID tracker entry
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-despres-6rd/
currently shows

a) " IESG Discussion:  	 No IESG evaluation record"
and
b) That at least 2 ADs have recorded 'no objection'

Since this draft is an RFC Editor submission, maybe this is
intentional???

   Brian

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:09:46 +0200

> Since this draft is an RFC Editor submission, maybe this is

I'm not totally sure if it's a bug or a feature (I'm leaning towards
"bug"), but the explanation isn't being an RFC Editor submission.

The tracker doesn't show the IESG evaluation record before the
responsible AD has issued the ballot (=written the ballot writeup and
clicked "Issue this ballot" in IESG view).

Before the ballot is issued, nobody except the responsible AD is
supposed to get to the ballot (the public page says "No IESG
evaluation record", and there's no "Open Web Ballot" link in the 
IESG view or IESG agenda page).

However, there's *one* place (in IESG-only view) where the code 
doesn't check the "ballot_issued" flag, and other ADs can get to 
the ballot (and update their positions) before they're supposed to.

This bug has caused lot of confusion earlier (since even ADs can't
find the ballot via the normal means; e.g. via the IESG agenda page),
so I'll try to get it fixed.

(This would probably mean checking the "ballot_issued" flag in the one
page that currently doesn't check it, and warning ADs if they attempt
to place a document on the agenda without issuing the ballot.)

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 08:40:34 +1300

Oh!

I'm not sure whether that was the case while I was an AD;
but I agree that it's a bug, and it did always annoy me when
a draft appeared on the agenda without the ballot being
issued. I used to nag other ADs about it regularly :-)

Thanks

   Brian