Subject: [Tools-discuss] spaces in draft authors names

From: "Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:12:09 -0400

I submitted a draft last week, and noticed that the submission tool
mangled two of the author's names drafts database. The names in the
draft itself are OK, but the database entries are truncated. The name
"Bill Ver Steeg"  became "Bill Steeg" and the name "Tom Van Caenegem"
became "Tom Caenegem". I cancelled that submission and tried a few more
times, using "Bill VerSteeg" and even "Bill Versteeg", but the tool came
back with "Bill Steeg" every time.  I even tried correcting the names by
hand in the submission forms, but still  no glory.
 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for
-rtp/

I understand how "Ver Steeg" could become "Steeg", so I often do not use
the space. Is this data keyed off something other than the submitted
draft? Anybody seen this? Any work-arounds? 
 
I apologize if this note comes to the tools-discuss list twice, as I did
not join the list before sending it the first time.

Bill VerSteeg