Subject: [Tools-discuss] ABNF parser C code generator is now available on the IETF tools web page

From: Munjo Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:10:42 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks to 	Henrik Levkowetz, I have a link on the tools web page to
our ABNF parser generator for C.
Our ABNF parser generator generates "complete" C code from a ABNF
definition file with some additional user-provided information.
It's still an early version. Yet, if anyone wants an ABNF parser
generator but doesn't want to deal with the generated-but-edited code
hassle,
this is worth giving it a try, since it was used to develop network
products which are now been deployed in Korea Telecom.
The parser generator is called VTC, or VineGen Text Compiler, and its
downloadables are available for Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
A couple of examples are included; SIP and SDP, and automated tests
with those examples are included for Linux and Solaris, so
you can play around with raw messages and ABNF definitions without
spending too much time.

To have a look search for "Generate ABNF Parsers (with extensions)"
from the tools web page(http://tools.ietf.org/).
Or directly go to http://vinegen.com/metabbs/metabbs.php/board/Download.
A draft has been submitted for the extensions used in VTC, and it can
be found at:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kim-abnf-codegen-00.txt

I'd like to send thanks to the following people for their kindly help:

Henrik Levkowetz,
Lisa Dusselt
Dave Crocker
Margaret (Wasserman?)

Thanks,
-Munjo