Subject: [Tools-discuss] odd (but not critical) bug in tools.ietf.org/html

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:45:50 -0500

It finds a really odd title for http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434

(see the resultant html <title> and highlighting in the document).

Just in case this is a heisenbug, what I'm seeing is

     <title>RFC 5434 - It is also important to recognize the timing  
constraints.  As described in detail below, the deadline for  
scheduling BOFs is approximately six weeks prior to an IETF meeting.   
Working backwards</title>

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:07:49 +0200

> Working backwards</title>

The htmlization code uses the title available from the rfc index if
available, but sometimes the actual file is available and converted
before the index information, and the it picks the first text that
looks like a title.  For this draft, that was _not_ the correct title,
as that extended all the way to the margins...

I've had the files regenerated, which fixed this.

Best,

	Henrik