Subject: [Tools-discuss] Nits 2.11.11 Nit

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:49:12 -0500

This might be old and well known, but its only recently really causing  
me (very mild) grief:

I'm having to look at several documents that have sections headings  
that go 4 or 5 outline levels deep.

The current nits engine is seeing things like "Section 23.1.2.1" as:

   Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   == There are 1 instance of lines with non-RFC3330-compliant IPv4  
addresses
      in the document.  If these are example addresses, they should be  
changed.
I can't think of how to _not_ match these things, but perhaps it could  
at least provide the line-number of the match to help speed up manual  
inspection?

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:26:31 +0200

Hi Robert,

>    Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:

If you use idnits in --verbose mode (or for the webservice, append
'&verbose=1' to the URL query arguments) you'll get an itemized list
of the exact offending (presumptive) IPv4 addresses and the line on
which they were found.

Best,

	Henrik