Subject: [Tools-discuss] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-06

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 00:13:30 +0300

Seems that the small numbers within the figures are understood as part of 
table of content and translated as referring to pages within the draft. 
This issue was found by A. Jean Mahoney.

For example:

** Constants
   (C01) Subscription lifetime (hours)...........................8
   (C02) Presence state changes / hour...........................3
   (C03) Subscription refresh interval / hour....................1
   (C04) Total federated presentities per watcher................4

Thanks
--Avshalom

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:30:46 +0200

Hi Avshalom,

>    (C04) Total federated presentities per watcher................4

Yes.  The conversion of text drafts to html relies heavily on heuristics,
and the use of a sequence of periods is one of the few reliable indications
that something is a table of contents which I've found.  I'm a bit reluctant
to try tweaking this so your example doesn't trigger the recognition of
TOC lines -- it's bound to have an effect on how page links are generated
for the table of contents in a lot of other drafts, but I'll have a look
at it nevertheless, and see if I can come up with something that works.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:45:22 -0400

Perhaps the TOC heuristic could be adjusted so that it looks for a
single, consolidated block of such lines, then ignores subsequent
ones?
--Richard

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Henrik Levkowetz<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>