Subject: [Tools-discuss] why my nroffedit is so slow

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:38:00 +0800

Could anyone know the reason.
I am using Lenovo X200.

thanks

-Hui

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:36:50 +0200

Hi Hui

The delays in version 1.2 and beyond is mainly caused by the spell checker
and automatic instant updates of the text version of your draft.

There is a new version (1.32) available that has implemented several
optimizations.

When editing large files it is advisable to turn off the Automatic Update
feature. This way you can edit without delay and only update the text when
you want to see the result.

You can also turn off the spell checker in order to speed up the process
when you don't need it.

I hope this helps.

/Stefan

On 09-08-30 4:38 PM, "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 03:02:40 +0200

Actually, I just posted a new version that improves the experience quite a
bit when working with large files (or slow computers).

This is incorporated in version 1.33, available from:
http://aaa-sec.com/nroffedit/index.html

In 1.33 there is a timer that prevents any update action until 1.5 seconds
after last key press. That way there will be no updating going on while
typing. You can override this timer by checking "Instant Text Update" in the
edit menu (off by default).

/Stefan