Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Access to Issue Tracker for MIF

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 23:25:15 +0100

Hi Margaret,

The short answer to your question is to point you to the following page,
but I've added some briefer excerpts from that page inline:
  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/wiki/IetfSpecificFeatures

On 2009-11-03 17:15 Margaret Wasserman said the following:
> Hi Tools Folks,
> 
> How would I get access to add issues to the issue tracker for MIF WG  
> documents?

Go to the MIF issue tracker, (follow the link 'Issues' from the WG status
page on the tools server; http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/); log in (using
the tools username (your email address) and the tools password) and add
away.

> We currently have two WG documents that I would like to track, but we  
> will have more coming.  So, I'd like to know how to set it up for the  
> documents we have now, as well as how to add further documents as they  
> are adopted.

The issue tracker is automatically updated so that active documents are
listed under 'components'.

> Also, who can access the issue tracker?  Can I give access to the  
> editors of the documents, as well as to the WG chairs (me and Hui Deng)?

By default, anybody can enter issues; which seems to work fine in the
WGs who are actively using the trackers.  If this is unacceptable,
the WG chairs can log in and use the admin interface to Trac in order
to limit who can create and/or change issues.

This and more is, as mentioned above, covered in the 'IetfSpecificFeatures'
page which is part of the Wiki which also comes with the issue tracker:
  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/wiki/IetfSpecificFeatures

The Wiki start page (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/wiki)
as installed gives some general information about Trac, and then
points you on to the IetfSpecificFeatures page.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:15:02 -0500

Hi Tools Folks,

Thanks,
Margaret