Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Rfcmarkup-1.85 feedback

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:13:25 +0100

Hi Richard,

On 2009-12-20 10:55 RIchard Lee said the following:
> Dear Henrik Levkowetz,
> 
> I found a bug in the Rfcmarkup 1.85 at line 1130. There is a regex:
> "(?m)^(\s*)(\d+(\.\d+)*)(\.?[ ]+)(.*[^ .])( *\.? ?\.?)(.*[0-9])$" , I
> suppose it should be ³(?m)^(\s*)(\d+(\.\d+)*)(\.?[ ]+)(.*[^ .])( *\.?
> ?\.?)(.*[0-9])$². Because some contents line do not contain ³.². Such as
> section 10.2.1.1 of rfc3261.

Hmm.  Right, that line in the table of content becomes troublesome.  The
problem is that there will be many more lines outside of the ToC which
will match the regex if it is loosened to permit matches without sequences
of '.'.  The best solution would really be to make the regex treatment more
content sensitive, by recognizing areas such as document head, table of
contents, body text, artwork (figures) etc., and have different treatment
depending on the area type.  But for now, I'll leave this as-is -- the
frequency of ToC lines which aren't treated correctly seem to be fairly
low.

Best,

	Henrik