Subject: [Tools-discuss] A New ABNF Web Service

From: "Lowell Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:10:02 -0500

I’m new to this list and even though I have read RFC 4677 I’m still pretty
fuzzy
on how this all works. I’d like to contribute but I’m not sure where I might
fit in.

I’m the developer of APG – an ABNF Parser Generator.
There is a link to it on the http://tools.ietf.org/inventory/verif-tools
page.
I’ve just completed a web service for debugging ABNF grammars and
the language sentences (or protocol messages) that the grammar defines.
That is, once the grammar is syntactically correct,
it generates a JavaScript parser in the background and
lets you parse messages with it. You can find it a here:
http://www.coasttocoastresearch.com/interactiveapg

It does have some (carefully considered) deviations from RFC 4234
which I would be happy to discuss further if there is interest.

If you have criticisms or comments I’d like to hear about those too,
but mainly if you have any suggestions as to how I might make it
more useful to the IETF I would give those suggestions serious
consideration.

Thanks,
Lowell Thomas