Subject: [Tools-discuss] Searching I-Ds

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:38:36 -0400

Hi - 

I noticed you all recently updates the I-D search page  now at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/.  It used to be, prior to this
change, that I could bookmark a search page to find the current state of the
various I-Ds that I was working on, such as
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/?filename=&id_tracker_state_id=&wg_id=&o
ther_group=&status_id=&last_name=livingood&first_name=

I have been unable to find a way to do this in the new search tool¹s UI,
which seems to me as a lost feature.  Perhaps there is indeed a way to still
do this and it is not readily apparent in the UI?  If so, I may suggest a
tweak to the UI.  If not, I¹d love to see that be a feature you add back
sometime soon.

Regards,
Jason
 
Jason Livingood
Executive Director
Internet Systems Engineering
National Engineering & Technical Operations
Comcast Cable Communications
215-286-7813
[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:41:27 +0200

Hi Jason,

I've added this to the enhancement ideas wiki page (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/EnhancementIdeas),
so perhaps it gets implemented in the next code sprint.

Meanwhile, the search page does accept both GET and POST requests: although only POST is visible in the UI,
something like http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=livingood&activeDrafts=on seems to work.

Best regards,
Pasi

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Jason Livingood
Sent: 01 April, 2010 05:39
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Searching I-Ds

Hi -

I noticed you all recently updates the I-D search page - now at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/.  It used to be, prior to this change, that I could bookmark a search page to find the current state of the various I-Ds that I was working on, such as https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/?filename=&id_tracker_state_id=&wg_id=&other_group=&status_id=&last_name=livingood&first_name=

I have been unable to find a way to do this in the new search tool's UI, which seems to me as a lost feature.  Perhaps there is indeed a way to still do this and it is not readily apparent in the UI?  If so, I may suggest a tweak to the UI.  If not, I'd love to see that be a feature you add back sometime soon.

Regards,
Jason

Jason Livingood
Executive Director