Subject: [Tools-discuss] Trac losing its mail-fu?

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 07:27:29 +0100

I wonder why I haven't seen tickets 114 to 119 from http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/timeline on the core mailing list.

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:12:18 +0100

Hi Carsten,

On 2011-02-26 07:27 Carsten Bormann said the following:
> I wonder why I haven't seen tickets 114 to 119 from
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/timeline on the core mailing
> list.

Oops.  My first thought would be this: In connexion with setting up the
ability to handle email updates to Trac tickets, I had to change the
From: address of ticket notifications to include the specific tracker
that has sent the notification as part of the address.  This would of
course result in the address not being authorized to post to the list
any more ...

I've fixed this in the postconfirm filter on www.ietf.org; that should
make future tickets end up in the moderators queue for you list, at
least.  Should I try to get the failed emails re-sent?

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 20:05:57 +0100

On Feb 26, 2011, at 16:12, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> Should I try to get the failed emails re-sent?

No, in this specific case they can easily be handled separately.
Thanks for sleuthing this up...

Gruesse, Carsten