Subject: [Tools-discuss] XMLmind validation error: sequence of child elements is incorrect

From: "Aamer Akhter (aakhter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 02:15:04 -0600

Hi folks,

I'm working on xml2rfc with xmlmind. There is a validation feature
(Tools->Check Validity)  that is reporting the below error:

" the sequence of child elements is incorrect [cvc-complex-type.2.4]"

The error is on the <reference /> stanza. Any ideas what is wrong with
the below?

    <references title="Normative References">
      <?rfc include="reference.RFC.5101" ?>
      <reference anchor="iana-ipfix-assignments">
        <front>
          <title>IP Flow Information Export Information Elements
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipfix/ipfix.xml)</title>
          <author surname="Internet Assigned Numbers Authority" />
        </front>
      </reference>
    </references>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:27:45 +0100

On 07.03.2011 09:15, Aamer Akhter (aakhter) wrote:
> The error is on the<reference />  stanza. Any ideas what is wrong with
> the below?
>

The DTD says:

<!ELEMENT front       (title,author+,date,area*,workgroup*,keyword*,
                        abstract?,note*)>

so it's probably caused by the missing <date> element (yes, that 
shouldn't be required in the first place).

Best regards, Julian