Subject: [Tools-discuss] tools.ietf.org reachability issues

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:43:21 +0200 (EET)

FYI,

One of the tools.ietf.org servers, 2001:2f8:1005:f030::100 located 
(apparently) in Japan appears to be unreachable, causing in very long 
timeouts (in the order of minutes, sigh..).  Maybe remove it from the 
list until it's back up?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:41:37 +0100

Hi Pekka,

> timeouts (in the order of minutes, sigh..).  Maybe remove it from the 

Done.  The rotating power cuts in Japan was the reason it went offline.
We're keeping it out of the DNS record for tools.ietf.org till we know
more about possible recurrences.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:24:09 +0100

Hi Carsten,

On 2011-03-15 18:23 Carsten Bormann said:
> While we are talking about the multi-server situation:
> 
> When I go to http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/
> I more or less alternate between the following two listings:
> The first one is correct wrt the replaced-by, the second one is more complete but less correct.
> (Both screenshots are less than 30 minutes old.)
> 
> This can make it rather surprising to refer people to that page...

The major issue here was that the secretariat mistakenly had bumped
the revision of draft-bormann-core-coap-block twice at some point,
leading to data about a -01 rev messing up my history for the document.
They bump the revision as part of managing tombstones with the current
system.  Bah.  I don't like to have wrong info in the database, which
the fake revision number is ...

The replacement-info came in appropriately for -00 later, but wasn't
visible because the scripts didn't like to apply -00 info to a draft
which seemingly was in -01 ...

I've also fixed another discrepancy on all servers (except the one in
Japan, which is unavailable right now because of the rotating power
cuts which are necessary there now).

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:23:33 +0100

Gruesse, Carsten