Subject: [Tools-discuss] XML2RFC tool, my confusion

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:41:23 -0400

I am not sure who one is supposed to ask when one gets inexplicable 
errors from xml2rfc.
Sine we have been warned that strict conformance will be necessary, I 
try to use the tool on the strict setting.

I am getting:
Unable to Validate File

INPUT: 330 ms (332 elems, 250 attrs, 1917 spaces, 38994 chars)
[Error] INPUT:102:11: The content of element type "t" must match 
"(list|figure|xref|eref|iref|cref|spanx|vspace)".
[Error] INPUT:665:15: The content of element type "section" must match 
"((t|figure|texttable|iref)*,section*)".

I presume that this is complaining about an opening <t> at line 102 and 
an opening <section> at line 665.
The odd thing is that in each case, the tag in question immediately 
follows and end-tag of the same type.
I have also tried assuming that the problem was the preceding paired 
tag.  But the preceding start also immediately follows an end of the 
same type.

I have tried opening the xml in Firefox, and it seems quite happy with 
the matching of tags.

Suggestions on how I diagnose this would be appreciated.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

PS: Yes, everything seems to work fine if I turn off strict checking.