Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] IDNITS: "downref to unissued draft"?

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 15:31:19 +0200

Hi Elwyn,

On 2011-05-05 10:49 Elwyn Davies said the following:
> Hi, Henrik.

<<snip>>

>>    ** Downref: Normative reference to an Not Issued RFC: RFC 6043
>                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Since RFC 6043 exists (dated March 2011), I was wondering what the
> criteria for deciding that RFC 6043 was 'Not Issued' were?

The rfc-status file on the tools servers was outdated.  Bug fixed, file
updated.  If you run idnits again on one of the tools servers, or remove
your local copy to ensure a new version gets downloaded (normally it's
$HOME/.idnits/rfc-status and $HOME/.idnits/rfc-status.date) you should
get a more correct result.

Sorry for the bother!

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 14:48:46 +0100

Yep. That seems to have done the trick.

No problem.. you keep us all so well serviced that it's heartless to 
complain!

Presumably the download is only if you run a local copy of idnits.  I 
couldn't find one on my Windows box.

Cheers,
Elwyn

-- 
Join the Cambridge Oxfam Walk on Sunday 15 May, 2011.
For more information, see 
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved/fundraise/walk/ and follow us on 
Twitter at http://twitter.com/CambOxfamWalk.