Subject: [Tools-discuss] rfcdiff and draft names without numbers

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 08:48:33 -0700

Greetings again. <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-genarea-charter-tool-09> does what we would hope: it puts up a side-by-side comparison of the -09 with the -08. However, <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-genarea-charter-tool> does not do what I would hope, which would be to put up a diff of the latest version with the immediately preceding one. Instead, it puts up a hard-to-understand error message.

Is this a bug or a feature request?

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 18:05:03 +0200

Hi Paul,

On 2011-05-01 17:48 Paul Hoffman said:
> Greetings again.
> <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-genarea-charter-tool-09>
> does what we would hope: it puts up a side-by-side comparison of the
> -09 with the -08. However,
> <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-genarea-charter-tool>
> does not do what I would hope, which would be to put up a diff of the
> latest version with the immediately preceding one. Instead, it puts
> up a hard-to-understand error message.

Fixed now, I think.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 09:44:09 -0700

>> up a hard-to-understand error message.

Indeed. Thanks!

--Paul Hoffman