Subject: [Tools-discuss] Too much escaping in ID announcement abstracts (was: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing-02.txt)

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:51:01 +0900

Dear IETF Tools experts,

I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but maybe you can tell me (or 
just forward this request).

As you can see in the announcement below, and also at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg38817.html,
there is some unnecessary (and confusing) escaping going on in the 
abstract of ID announcements. I also seem to remember that the same 
thing can happen in a title.

With kind regards,    Martin.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing-02.txt
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:09:14 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : vCard KIND:application
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-07-10

    This document defines a value of &quot;application&quot; for the 
vCard KIND
    property so that vCards can be used to represent software
    applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing-02.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt