Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Draft submission tools regression

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:46:43 +0200

On 2011-07-11 10:02, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> the new submission tool fails to extract author names from ... long
> author lists (in this case, a 9 name list [1]). The old tool did this
> properly (or maybe failed in a less obvious way).
>
> Best regards, Julian

This is still the case and really annoying if you need to submit seven 
drafts in a row.

Is this tracked somewhere?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:46:22 +0200

Hi Julian,

    I suppose that you have problems with draft 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-15.txt

    I've been looking for the bug and I've found the problem. The new 
tool checks the authors in the first page but only in the first 15 
lines. With this limitation if the author list is so long then some 
authors are ignored.

    Henrik, could you take a look at line 419 of draft.py [1]. I think 
that this code belongs to you so you maybe now if it's safe to extend 
this 15 lines limit or maybe check the first page in some other way.

    I've opened ticket 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/705 so this bug get tracked.

    Best,

[1] 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/ietf/utils/draft.py#L419

El 24/08/11 09:46, Julian Reschke escribió:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:23:02 +0200

On 2011-08-24 11:46, "Emilio A. Sánchez" wrote:
> I've been looking for the bug and I've found the problem. The new tool
> checks the authors in the first page but only in the first 15 lines.
> With this limitation if the author list is so long then some authors are
> ignored.
>
> Henrik, could you take a look at line 419 of draft.py [1]. I think that
> this code belongs to you so you maybe now if it's safe to extend this 15
> lines limit or maybe check the first page in some other way.
>
> I've opened ticket http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/705 so
> this bug get tracked.
>
> Best,
> ...

Hi Emilio,

thanks for the feedback!

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:06:08 +0200

Hi Julian,

I see you've received a response from Emilio, and I'll also have a look
at this.  I'd just like to point out that it's much more likely that
you'll get an immediate fix if you provide the input needed to debug
the problem together with the problem report...

Best regards,

	Henrik