Subject: [Tools-discuss] Problem with SVN repository: can't push or pull

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:57:49 -0700

In trying to update my ietf CLI tool, I am now unable to either push a new version nor come up to date.

The error for doing an "svn ci" is:
Sending        ietf
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: No such revision 11

# svn up
svn: A reported revision is higher than the current repository HEAD revision.

How can I get this back in synch?

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:19:25 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tools-discuss-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Paul Hoffman
> Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:58 PM
> To: Tools Team Discussion
> Subject: [Tools-discuss] Problem with SVN repository: can't push or
> pull
> 

I had the same problem recently with the IETF's SVN server -- it appeared
to have reverted to an older version.  I believe this happened after a 
server died.  You should contact Henrik and see if he is aware of the
problem
in your specific repository.

FYI, if you want to just get on with it and you know you have the most
recent up-to-date copy of stuff on your PC, here is what I did:  I moved 
all my files to a different (temporary) directory tree, deleting my SVN 
tree, re-pulled the SVN tree from the SVN server, moved the files from
my temporary tree back into this new SVN tree, and committed them to the
server.  Of course, that meant loss of commit history and suchlike from 
the SVN repository, but that wasn't a problem for me in this case.

-d

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:34:57 -0700

> in your specific repository.

Paging Henrik!

> the SVN repository, but that wasn't a problem for me in this case.

I'll hope that Henrik can wave a magic wand first.

--Paul Hoffman