Subject: [Tools-discuss] More brokenness with the Tools SVN repository

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:00:15 -0700

Greetings again. The problem that I reported last week silently fixed itself, but a new one has appeared. Please see the thread from the ietf-general mailing list from yesterday and today. This same issue was reported by Russ Housley on a non-IETF mailing list in June, and it persists.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:50:38 +0200

On 2011-09-27 03:00 Paul Hoffman said:
> Greetings again. The problem that I reported last week silently fixed
> itself,

I'd like to bet that it didn't exactly fix itself; I've had to take care
of a number of problems after having to move all svn and trac support to
a new server after the active svn.tools.ietf.org failed to come up after
a power failure on September 5th...

> but a new one has appeared. Please see the thread from the
> ietf-general mailing list from yesterday and today. This same issue
> was reported by Russ Housley on a non-IETF mailing list in June, and
> it persists.

Thanks, Paul.

The clues unearthed by people on [email-masked] helped me find a fix.

Generally speaking, the best address to make me aware of both problems
and discussions (like the one on [email-masked]) which can throw light
on problems with tools.ietf.org is <[email-masked]>.  I happened
to check the tools-discuss email folder not too long after you sent this
alert, but mail to <[email-masked]> will end up directly in my main
inbox and be dealt with in a much more timely manner than list mail.

Best regards,

	Henrik