Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] wg pages showing trax error only :(

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:02:25 -0500

trac was being updated yesterday - there was a period where it was generating
interesting errors, but afaik it isn't now. Maybe something got inappropriately cached?

RjS

On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:42 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>> 
>>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Works for me....
>>> 
>>> nope
>> 
>> http://snozzages.com/sidr-screenshot.png
> 
> tis fixed now... so either magical elves fixed it, or someone on the
> tools-team did? (or it fixed itself...which means magical elves)
> 
>>> 
>>>> Reload? ;-)
>>> 
>>> did that, a few times :( I'd have sent a screenshot but... I can't get
>>> the screenshot app to save my bmp file.
>> 
>> Get a better OS?! [0]
> 
> I wanted to share my BMP, it works fine on my windows-for-workgroups... :(

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:33:55 -0400

looking for a draft (then poking at a few other groups to verify)

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/

ends with:
"An error occurred at this point in the web-page generation.
An error report has been sent to the webmaster. If this error isn't
fixed within 48 hours, please contact the web page author directly.
" % (timestr(filetime(cachename)), timestr(dirtime("."))) 448 # if not
cachefile: include = filename =
'/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/index.pyht' /www/cgi-bin/pyht.py in
include(filename='/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/index.pyht') 219 220 if
string.find(code, "\n") > -1: 221 exec code in execglobals, execlocals
222 else: 223 res = eval(code, execglobals, execlocals) code = '
\ntryinclude("head.pyht")\ntryinclude("top.pyht")\ntryinclude("drafts.pyht")\ntryinclude("bot.pyht")\n'
global execglobals = {'Wg': 'Sidr', '__builtins__': ,
'__warningregistry__': {("Not importing directory
'/home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac': missing __init__.py", , 2):
True}, 'area': 'rtg', 'args': {}, 'basename': , 'cookie': , 'dirname':
, 'env': {'HTTP_REFERER': 'http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/.../sidr/',
'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip, deflate'}, 'escape': >, ...} execlocals
= {'__name__': 'embedded-code-at-line-6', 'datenow': '27 Sep 2011
13:30 GMT', 'filebase': 'index', 'filedate': , 'fileext': '.pyht',
'filename': '/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/index.pyht', 'filepath':
'/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr', 'filetime': , 'interpreter':
'/www/cgi-bin/pyht.py', 'time': , ...}
/home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/ in () /www/cgi-bin/pyht.py in
tryinclude(filename='drafts.pyht') 241 def tryinclude(filename): 242
if os.path.isfile(filename): 243 include(filename) 244 return "" 245
global include = filename = 'drafts.pyht' /www/cgi-bin/pyht.py in
include(filename='drafts.pyht') 219 220 if string.find(code, "\n") >
-1: 221 exec code in execglobals, execlocals 222 else: 223 res =
eval(code, execglobals, execlocals) code = '\nimport trac.env\nglobal
ticket_info\nglobal ticke... = 0\n ticket_open[component] += 1\n'
global execglobals = {'Wg': 'Sidr', '__builtins__': ,
'__warningregistry__': {("Not importing directory
'/home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac': missing __init__.py", , 2):
True}, 'area': 'rtg', 'args': {}, 'basename': , 'cookie': , 'dirname':
, 'env': {'HTTP_REFERER': 'http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/.../sidr/',
'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip, deflate'}, 'escape': >, ...} execlocals
= {'Wg': 'Sidr', '__name__': 'embedded-code-at-line-29', 'datenow':
'27 Sep 2011 13:30 GMT', 'filebase': 'drafts', 'filedate': ,
'fileext': '.pyht', 'filename': 'drafts.pyht', 'filepath': '',
'filetime': , 'getint': , ...} /home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/ in ()
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/trac/env.py in
open_environment(env_path='/home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac',
use_cache=False) 669 raise TracError(_('The Trac Environment needs to
be upgraded.\n\n' 670 'Run "trac-admin %(path)s upgrade"', 671
path=env_path)) 672 673 return env path undefined env_path =
'/home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac' : The Trac Environment needs
to be upgraded. Run "trac-admin /home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac
upgrade" __class__ = __delattr__ = __dict__ = {'_message': ,
'show_traceback': False, 'title': } __doc__ = 'Exception base class
for errors in Trac.' __format__ = __getattribute__ = __getitem__ =
__getslice__ = __hash__ = __init__ = ,)> __module__ = 'trac.core'
__new__ = __reduce__ = __reduce_ex__ = __repr__ = __setattr__ =
__setstate__ = __sizeof__ = __str__ = __subclasshook__ = __unicode__ =
,)> __weakref__ = None _message = args = (,) message = show_traceback
= False title = The above is a description of an error in a Python
program. Here is the original traceback: Traceback (most recent call
last): File "/www/cgi-bin/pyht.py", line 446, in include(filename)
File "/www/cgi-bin/pyht.py", line 221, in include exec code in
execglobals, execlocals File "", line 4, in File
"/www/cgi-bin/pyht.py", line 243, in tryinclude include(filename) File
"/www/cgi-bin/pyht.py", line 221, in include exec code in execglobals,
execlocals File "", line 12, in File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/trac/env.py", line 671, in
open_environment path=env_path)) TracError: The Trac Environment needs
to be upgraded. Run "trac-admin /home/www/tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac
upgrade" --> "

this appears to happen for at least:
sidr, 6man, behave, armd...

it does NOT show for:
grow, kitten, pwe3

-chris

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:37:26 -0400

Works for me....

Reload? ;-)

W

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:42:35 -0400

nope

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:48:36 -0400

Get a better OS?! [0]

W

[0]: Yes, there is some history here :-P

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:53:09 -0400

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 01:56:40 +0300

There was a real error couple of days ago, possibly with similar outputs to these. We reported it to Henrik and he fixed it quickly (as usual :-) I've seen it once after that, but that may have been some over-enthusiastic proxy holding state from before.

The problem appeared randomly on various tools.ietf.org wg pages and as far as I could tell, occurrences were seen for a day or two.

Jari