Subject: [Tools-discuss] adding components to the issue tracker

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 17:19:26 -0600

I would like to add a "component" to the issue tracker for a certain WG,
but I don't see how to do so. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Peter

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 07:48:10 +0200

> but I don't see how to do so. Am I missing something?

E.g., for core:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/

Login

Click "Admin"

Click "Components"

Use the "Add Component" group of fields.

I don't know if this is conditional on some special configuration for the WG -- for me it works in both WGs I'm admin in, but they may just happen to both be configured this way.

(Of course, you need Admin rights for the WG in the first place.)

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:23:37 +0200

Hi Peter,

Carsten's description is perfect.  The issue could be that by default,
only the WG chairs are set up as admins.  Would it be good or bad to
change this so that the ADs are also set up as admins on all their
WGs' trac instances?

Also, WG drafts should get added as 'components' automatically -- has
this failed in your case?

Finally, in order to add you as admin so that you can add the component
needed, I'll need to know the WG in question :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2011-10-05 07:48 Carsten Bormann said:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 06:23:11 -0600

On 10/5/11 3:23 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> 
> Carsten's description is perfect.  The issue could be that by
> default, only the WG chairs are set up as admins.  Would it be good
> or bad to change this so that the ADs are also set up as admins on
> all their WGs' trac instances?

I think it would be helpful for ADs to also be admins.

> Also, WG drafts should get added as 'components' automatically --
> has this failed in your case?

We don't (yet) have a WG item for this deliverable, but we're already
assigning tickets to it. :)

> Finally, in order to add you as admin so that you can add the
> component needed, I'll need to know the WG in question :-)

IRI.

Thanks as always for your fast and friendly service!

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:38:23 +0200

Hi Peter,

> I think it would be helpful for ADs to also be admins.

Ok.  If I don't hear contrary voices, I'll automate this.

> assigning tickets to it. :)

Ah.  Understood.

>> component needed, I'll need to know the WG in question :-)

Ok, I've added [email-masked] as TRAC_ADMIN there.

> Thanks as always for your fast and friendly service!

You're welcome!

Best regards,

	Henrik