Subject: [Tools-discuss] Fwd: Re: Requirement to go to meetings

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:50:03 -0600

Copying this over from [email-masked], I think it would be excellent to
run an etherpad instance at tools.ietf.org to improve note-taking at
face-to-face and interim meetings...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Requirement to go to meetings
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:41:36 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

On 10/24/11 10:36 AM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> It was obvious to me at that time (but I was wrong) that I should be
> continuing to take notes in the jabber room, so people had the chance to
> correct things I wasn't getting right, but the volume of my notes
> swamped the ability of anyone else to use the jabber room for
> discussion, asking questions, raising hands ...

IMHO, something like Etherpad is better than a chatroom for
collaborative note-taking.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:55:40 +0200

On 2011-10-24 18:50, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> ...

+1

We once used Etherpad for HTTPbis WG note taking, and that worked well; 
*except* for the problem of not everybody being able to login (due to 
login limits).

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

> collaborative note-taking.

me too - and the export function makes it easy to save sessions.
Etherpad might also be useful for shared document editing on smaller
calls. http://etherpad.org/

I like the default piratepad setup: http://piratepad.net/front-page/

- Lucy