Subject: [Tools-discuss] possible bug in rfcmarkup

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:13:52 -0400

Henrik,
	Not sure what's happening, perhaps use of some bad source xml, but
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6370 shows an HTML title that is unrelated
to the actual document title.

Shown:
    <title>RFC 6370 - (PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities
and functionalities of a packet transport network as defined by the
ITU-T.</title>

Actual:
	MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Identifiers

Thought you'd want to know.

Lou

Note looks like the tools site is running rev 1.96.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 16:08:35 +0100

Hi Lou,

> Thought you'd want to know.

Yes, thank you.  The title extraction had clearly failed; the string shown
came from the end of the Abstract.

I've removed the converted file, which causes a new conversion; it now shows
with correct title (and is generated using rev 1.98).

It would have been re-generated in abouth a month's time, which would have
brought it up to 1.98 anyway, but it's better to fix flaws at once.

Thanks for the alert!

> Note looks like the tools site is running rev 1.96.

It's now up to 1.96, but I don't re-generate all the documents on every
update of the tool (that would take a lot of processing, and what's worse,
cause Google to think it needs to re-index the site much more often than
it really needs to -- as it is, Google accesses is only ~18% of the total
for tools.ietf.org/html/; but before I reduced the update frequency they
constituted maybe 60-70% of the load on the sites.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:33:57 -0400

Sounds like you're ahead of this one.

Much thanks,
Lou

PS really appreciate all the great tools!

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:03:14 +0100

> PS really appreciate all the great tools!

Thank you!

Best regards,

	Henrik