Subject: [Tools-discuss] document shepherds and the datatracker

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 17:02:01 +0800

It seems that document shepherds have no official status as far as the
datatracker is concerned -- for example, they can't upload their proto
writeups directly. Is that by design? Is this something I should take up
with the IESG?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:29:15 +0800

Hi Peter,

On 2011-11-16 17:02 Peter Saint-Andre said the following:
> writeups directly. Is that by design?

No.  If anything, it's a result of shepherds almost always being also chairs
at the time the currently running code was written.

> Is this something I should take up
> with the IESG?

I think we should make it a sprint or separate work item once the new
schema is deployed -- it seems a bit wasteful to fix this now, as the
new schema has the potential of supporting writeups in a much better
way than now (they can be made their own distinct objects, linked to
the drafts).

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:57:38 -0700

> way than now (they can be made their own distinct objects, linked to

That makes sense. Thanks for following up!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/