Subject: [Tools-discuss] Writeups in the tracker

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 17:34:05 +1300

I raised an issue in the WG Chairs' lunch today, asserting that
sometimes the writeup isn't in the tracker when a document goes
out for IETF Last Call.

Technically I was wrong - the writeup is always in the tracker
history. However, bdelow is a recent case where I failed to find
the writeup although it was there. Basically it was seven months
old behind a lot of other stuff and I didn't notice it.

So I think the issue is that
a) the writeup is hard to find - it would be better if it had
its own "Shepherd Writeup" tab, like "IESG Writeups" does.

b) a seven month old draft writeup on a revised draft isn't
much use. It would be good if the tracker made it easy to
provide an updated writeup if appropriate.

Here's the specific example (I reviewed this draft for Gen-ART).

draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor

2011-03-11 04 Draft added in state Publication Requested
2011-03-11 04 [writeup posted]
...
[a page or so of AD comments etc]
...
2011-10-10 05 New version available
2011-10-20 05 Last Call was requested

-- 
Regards
   Brian Carpenter