Subject: [Tools-discuss] etherpad for BoFs? (was: Fwd: [weirds] Updated agenda & other info for the BoF)

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:56:11 +0800

Henrik, do we have etherpad support for BoFs? Notice what Andrew says:

"BoFs really need complete minutes.  Does anyone want to volunteer in
advance to help by taking the minutes?"

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [weirds] Updated agenda & other info for the BoF
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:52:41 -0500
From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Dear colleagues,

I uploaded a new agenda to the meeting materials (and included it
below).

I have been in touch with the Meetecho people, and we will apparently
have at least some support from them for remote participants.  It
won't be two-way voice, though, so you'll need a jabber client at least.

BoFs really need complete minutes.  Does anyone want to volunteer in
advance to help by taking the minutes?

Best,

A

Agenda for WEIRDS BoF, IETF 82
  2011-11-15

     0.  Agenda bashing.
     1.  Some review of the background
     2.  Short presentations on what people actually built
     3.  Short overview of requirements draft and issues in proposed charter

The above items should take no more than 30 minutes.  The remaining
time is nearly 2 hours; if we don't exhaust discussion in that time,
it is a testament to wills.

     4.  Questions for discussion (at least 30 mins):

          a.  Is this a problem to be solved?

          b.  Is the problem statement in the proposed charter clear
          enough?

          c.  Should this build more on IRIS?  Why or why not?

          d.  Is there reasonable prospect for deployment?

          e.  Is one protocol for “registry data” the right approach?

RELEVANT DRAFTS:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-weirds-requirements-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-newton-et-al-weirds-rir-query-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheng-weirds-icann-rws-dnrd-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fiorelli-weirds-rws-00

RELEVANT OTHER READING:

http://usenix.org/publications/login/2011-10/openpdfs/Newton.pdf

PROPOSED CHARTER

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/weirds/current/msg00231.html

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
weirds mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:13:29 +0800

Hi Peter,

Yes, there should be etherpads for BOFs too, with links available on
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/82/ indicated by a pencil, between the
loudspeaker audiofeed icon and the jabber icon.

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2011-11-15 10:56 Peter Saint-Andre said the following:
> Subject: [weirds] Updated agenda&  other info for the BoF
> From: Andrew Sullivan<[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
>
> Dear colleagues,
>