Subject: [Tools-discuss] Two questions about the "tools-style" agenda

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:52:32 -0700

Hi again.

- Is the agenda supposed to be up to date? At the moment, there are two WGs on the "main" agenda that are listed as cancelled that still appear on the tools-style agenda. The latter was supposedly updated after the former, so there may be something that is not picking up "cancelled" notifications.

- What does almost-but-not-quite aqua mean on a WG's name? (ia2ex, antitrust, ...) There should be a legend at the top or bottom to explain.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:09:10 -0500

> - What does almost-but-not-quite aqua mean on a WG's name? (ia2ex, antitrust, ...) There should be a legend at the top or bottom to explain.

I agree that a key would be helpful. Assuming the question was not hypothetical, those are BOFs (as opposed to normal WG sessions).

/a

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:04:52 -0700

> I agree that a key would be helpful. Assuming the question was not hypothetical, those are BOFs (as opposed to normal WG sessions).

Was not hypothetical because I thought WEIRDS was already a WG. A legend would be easy to add.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:03:32 +0100

On 2012-03-17 21:52 Paul Hoffman said:
> Hi again.
> 
> - Is the agenda supposed to be up to date? At the moment, there are
> two WGs on the "main" agenda that are listed as cancelled that still
> appear on the tools-style agenda. The latter was supposedly updated
> after the former, so there may be something that is not picking up
> "cancelled" notifications.

This is because cancelled meetings used to have a note 'CANCELLED', but
this meeting they instead have a note 'CANCELED'.  I'm adding a fix to
the markup engine to catch this.

> - What does almost-but-not-quite aqua mean on a WG's name? (ia2ex,
> antitrust, ...) There should be a legend at the top or bottom to
> explain.

There's a title on the bof names which should show a tooltip 'BOF' if
you hover over them.

There's also a bug filed against Firefox for not showing tooltips in
some situations on some hardware:
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=617128

	Henrik

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:19:12 +0100

> the markup engine to catch this.

I wonder why we are still using systems that require scraping 
information from plain text...

 > ...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:47:59 -0500

> information from plain text...

Sign up for the code sprint and help make things better. (Insert adage 
about lighting candles and cursing darkness here.)

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF83Sprint

/a

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:13:50 +0100

Hi Julian,

> information from plain text...

The main reason is that there isn't often that code authors have the
capacity to rewrite code built up over ~10 years instantly when structured
data becomes available ...

Best regards,

	Henrik