Subject: [Tools-discuss] Bug regarding unused references in idnits 2.12.13

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:51:43 +0100

Hi,

I was running ID-nits (2.12.13)  on RTSP 2.0 draft version 29:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/

And I run into the issues below of reported unused references which in
fact are present in the document. However, they are present in
appendixes after the reference list.

Any potential for getting this fixed?

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4567' is defined on line 10113, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC4567]  Arkko, J., Lindholm, F., Naslund, M., Norrman, K., and
E....'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4571' is defined on line 10118, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC4571]  Lazzaro, J., "Framing Real-time Transport Protocol
(RTP)...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC2663' is defined on line 10205, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC2663]  Srisuresh, P. and M. Holdrege, "IP Network Address
Transl...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC2974' is defined on line 10212, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC2974]  Handley, M., Perkins, C., and E. Whelan, "Session
Announc...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC3261' is defined on line 10215, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC3261]  Rosenberg, J., Schulzrinne, H., Camarillo, G.,
Johnston,...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5583' is defined on line 10232, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5583]  Schierl, T. and S. Wenger, "Signaling Media Decoding
Depe...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5888' is defined on line 10236, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5888]  Camarillo, G. and H. Schulzrinne, "The Session
Descriptio...'

  == Unused Reference: 'Stevens98' is defined on line 10243, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[Stevens98] Stevens, W., "Unix Networking Programming - Volume 1,
se...'

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------