Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Rfcmarkup-1.100 feedback: escaping issues

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 16:32:47 +0200

Hi Роман,

Thank your for writing up the issues below, and my excuses for the large
delay in addressing this.  Your analysis, in addition to reporting the
bugs, was very helpful.

I'm about to release version 1.101, where I hope to have addressed both
of these issues.

Thank you again for reporting these issues.

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2012-04-08 20:14 Роман Донченко said the following:
> Hello,
> 
> I found two problems related to escaping:
> 
> * In metadata, quotes are not escaped, yielding ill-formed markup. See, for
> example, DC.Description.Abstract in <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454>.
> 
> I believe all you need to do to fix this is to change "cgi.escape(val)" to
> "cgi.escape(val, quote=True)" on line 719.
> 
> * The title attribute of the reference links, on the other hand, seems to  
> be escaped twice, for example, in <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6556>:
> 
> [<a href="./rfc5461" title='"TCP&amp;#39;s Reaction to Soft  
> Errors"'>RFC5461</a>]
> 
> Regards,
> Roman.
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>

---

From: Роман Донченко <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 21:04:48 +0400

Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> писал в своём письме Tue, 01 May  

> Thank you again for reporting these issues.

No problem.

Speaking of releases... the day after I downloaded the 1.100 tarball I  
went to the homepage (<http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcmarkup/>) again, and  
the download link seems to have disappeared... I don't remember where it  
was, but I don't seem to find it anywhere. Plus, the page states the last  
version is 0.97. What's going on?

Roman.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 02:03:38 +0200

Hi Roman,

> version is 0.97. What's going on?

Two things.  The first is a dodgy Makefile, I think.  The download link
should always be generated when I '$ make upload', but it seems to disappear
sometimes.  I haven't had time to debug it, which is a shame, but that's the
way it is.  The second is that I sometimes do '$make upload' on the server
I'm working on at the time, instead of moving stuff to the distribution
master for the tools servers; that will result in one server having a
newer version.  This comes from working on the server which will become
the distribution server, rather than on the one which will be decommissioned
soon.

The pages should now all be in sync, and all show version 1.101.

Best regards,

	Henrik