Subject: [Tools-discuss] non wg drafts reported in wg draft list

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:05:20 +0000

On the http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/sidr/, two personal drafts are listed in the Active Internet-Drafts list.  Their states are correctly shown as "Adopted by a WG".  The wg drafts that were the result of adoption are also listed, with the correct state of "WG Document".

The two personal drafts are:

draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01
draft-ymbk-bgpsec-rtr-rekeying-00

and the wg draft replacements are

draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-00
draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-00

Did I do something that made this happen?  If so, can you tell me so I prevent it happening again?  If I did not make this happen, could it be fixed? (I.e., remove the personal drafts from the Active list and retain the wg drafts)

Similarly, I noted a while ago that the tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr page lists draft-ymbk-bgpsec-rtr-rekeying under Active drafts.  It also lists the official wg draft draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying replacement under Active drafts.  Both draft-ymbk-bgpsec-rtr-rekeying and draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl should be listed under "Related Active Documents", with notes that they are replaced by draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying (for draft-ymbk-bgpsec-rtr-rekeying) and draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl (for draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01).

OK?

--Sandy

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:36:49 +0200

On 2012-06-19 18:05, Murphy, Sandra wrote:
> On the http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/sidr/, two personal drafts are
> listed in the Active Internet-Drafts list.  Their states are
> correctly shown as "Adopted by a WG".  The wg drafts that were the
> result of adoption are also listed, with the correct state of "WG
> Document".
> 
> draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-impl-01 draft-ymbk-bgpsec-rtr-rekeying-00
> 
> draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-00 draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying-00
> 
> Did I do something that made this happen?  If so, can you tell me so
> I prevent it happening again?  If I did not make this happen, could
> it be fixed? (I.e., remove the personal drafts from the Active list
> and retain the wg drafts)

If you put the individual documents into a document state which
indicates that they are WG documents they will be shown in the WG part.

I would change the state to something that capture that you run the call
for adopting them, but that these are not adopted. And then add replaced
by information for them.

I also noted that:

draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility-05

Is down in the active list, because the chairs has put/left the document
in the state of "Call for adoption by WG issued". If you change that to
WG Document it will show up in the WG documents part.

When you start using the tracker, you can't simply stop using it. You
have to ensure that you have consistent states with what the document
really are in.

Cheers

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------