Subject: [Tools-discuss] Subversion access issue?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:51:26 -0500

I'm getting errors trying to check out directories from the tools 
subversion repository. For example:

Svantevit:devel adam$ svn co https://tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore/
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
svn: E195019: Redirect cycle detected for URL 
'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore'

If it helps track down the problem, here's my client info:

Svantevit:devel adam$ svn --version
svn, version 1.7.5 (r1336830)
    compiled May 17 2012, 11:39:12

Copyright (C) 2012 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE
file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using 
Neon.
   - handles 'http' scheme
   - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
   - with Cyrus SASL authentication
   - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
   - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using 
serf.
   - handles 'http' scheme
   - handles 'https' scheme

And, just to be complete, the same issue does arise when using serf 
instead of neon:

Svantevit:devel adam$ svn 
--config-option=servers:global:http-library=serf co 
https://tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore/
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
svn: E195019: Redirect cycle detected for URL 
'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore'

And the problem also arises when omitting the trailing slash from the URL:

Svantevit:devel adam$ svn co https://tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
Redirecting to URL 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore':
svn: E195019: Redirect cycle detected for URL 
'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore'

Thanks!

/a

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:55:38 +0200

On Jul 26, 2012, at 17:51, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:

> svn co https://tools.ietf.org/svn/sipcore/

Looking at the URI I'm using:

http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/core

I find a "wg" in there.  

svn co https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/sipcore
Checked out revision 0.
alma:core cabo$ 

WFM

Grüße, Carsten