Subject: [Tools-discuss] http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc.xml

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:51:48 +0200

... still is -02 (October 2011). while the draft is now at -05.

curl -I says:

Last-Modified: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:00:00 GMT

http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-02.xml
is also available, while the newer ones are 404.

There may be a connection to the problem of drafts being published but not making it into 1id-abstracts.txt -- draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc is notably absent from it, and it appears xml.resource.org is keying on that.
(I have reported the 1id-abstracts problem to the secretariat, ticket [www.ietf.org/rt #49301].
Ryan Cross last told me "I've forwarded this issue on to Henrik".)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:55:22 +0200

Hi Carsten,

> Ryan Cross last told me "I've forwarded this issue on to Henrik".)

Yes, I've received this -- have it on my to-do list for today.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:26:20 +0200

Hi Carsten,

> Yes, I've received this -- have it on my to-do list for today.

So the story with regards to the 1id-abstract content is this:  With
the new database schema, the IETF is a group, the Areas are groups
underneath the IETF, and the WGs are groups underneath the Areas.

This makes a lot of code simpler, and more general.

However, apparently people have started to assign documents not only
to WGs, but also to Areas.  This is interesting, because it seems to
indicate that the generalisation is useful for more than simplifying
the code.

However, the proxy functions we introduced in order to keep the old
software working with the new schema hadn't taken this into consideration,
so the proxy for the old IESGWG class, which is (till the code is re-
written) being used in generating the 1id-abstracts file only reflected
groups of type 'wg' and 'individ', but not 'area'.

I've modified that now, so the next version of 1id-abstracts (and related
files generated from the same base) will contain also the drafts marked
as belonging to areas.

This should also trigger the update of the xml references.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:45:35 +0200

On Jul 17, 2012, at 15:26, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> I've modified that now

Thanks!

http://www.ietf.org/id/1id-abstracts.txt says:
"Generated 2012-07-17 06:10:14"

Which timezone is that?
(It would be nice to have that UTC-based.)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:16:09 +0200

Hi Carsten,

> (It would be nice to have that UTC-based.)

Of course.  That was sloppy of me; sloppier than I like to think
I usually am.  Fixing that.

Best regards,

	Henrik