Subject: [Tools-discuss] Fwd: Re: Organizing presentations in the meeting materials manager

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:31:12 -0700

This is definitely something to think about in terms of how 
presentations are re-ordered. It might also help if chairs were prompted 
for where in the existing list of presentations a new presentation 
should appear when it is first uploaded.

/a

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Organizing presentations in the meeting materials manager
Date: 	Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:28:35 -0500
From: 	Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: 	Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
CC: 	IETF WG Chairs <[email-masked]>

I totally agree that it is clunky. I would personally rather have the 
mechanism we had in the past where we manually numbered the 
presentations and then hit re-order.  That was less time consuming (but 
certainly no less error prone).

Mary.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Ted Lemon <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

    On Aug 1, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
>     I'm in a WG session right now that has oodles of docs on the
>     agenda and the materials/presentations are not in the order of the
>     agenda.  There is a feature to move docs up or down in the list
>     and I would encourage WG chairs to use that, in particular when
>     the text or document name in the meeting materials doesn't match
>     what's on the agenda.

    It is a bit clunky—my experience has been that it's easy to get it
    wrong.   It would be nice if someone ported it to use the drag and
    drop features of some Javascript tool.

    BTW, I like your middle name!