Subject: [Tools-discuss] IDNITs check in submission inexplicably failing

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 17:28:05 +1100

When I try to submit, I get:

Your draft has NOT been verified to meet IDNITS requirements. (View IDNITS Results)

The link to the results shows:

---8<---
idnits 2.12.14 

/a/www/www6s/staging/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-08.txt:
--->8---

... which leads me to suspect some sort of error.

This is what I get when I run idnits 2.12.13 (latest available on the site):

---8<---
idnits 2.12.13 

tmp/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-08.txt:

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 4627

     Summary: 1 error (**), 0 warnings (==), 0 comments (--).

     Run idnits with the --verbose option for more detailed information about
     the items above.
--->8---

The downref hasn't been a problem submitting in the past.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/