Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker I-D tabs cleanup

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:10:20 +0100

Hi!

I just finished a cleanup of the document tabs for drafts and RFCs,
i.e. those available at datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-XXXX/.

The cleanup is mostly on the code behind, making it much easier to
work with, but there are some minor user-visible changes and bug fixes
and it's also a fair bit faster.

One more notable change is that a published Internet-Draft is no
longer presented as two documents, at the I-D URL and the RFC URL.
Instead we show a merged view at the RFC URL and redirect from I-D ->
RFC. For instance, on the test server

  http://shimfree.ietf.beta.iola.dk/doc/draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm/
    =>
  http://shimfree.ietf.beta.iola.dk/doc/rfc5953/

I also made sure that BCP and other aliases (FYI and STD) work, so
/doc/bcp141/ redirects to /doc/rfc5342/.

If anyone here has the time to just quickly check that their pet
I-Ds/RFCs are shown correctly, please go to

http://shimfree.ietf.beta.iola.dk/

This cleanup is part the first part of a larger effort to get the
Datatracker code base cleaned up after the database migration last
year. We're aiming for an incremental rollout, so the code on the test
server should hit live within in a not-too-distant future.

TEST NOTES

The test server is running on a local database dump from today,
so you can change things as you like. Login with your usual account
and blank password. Emails are suppressed, unless you go to

http://shimfree.ietf.beta.iola.dk/accounts/testemail/

and fill in your information - then you'll get email you produce forwarded.

Also note that some information outside the database dump may be
missing from the test server so some links may be dead. In particular,
the server is probably missing some of the charter texts.

Ole

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:08:32 +0100

> the server is probably missing some of the charter texts.

The test server is also missing many RFC and Internet-Draft texts. So
please ignore errors on the form "Error; cannot read (draft-...)" and
"This RFC is not currently available online", and the "Other versions"
field will also be inaccurate.

Ole