Subject: [Tools-discuss] change which stream an ID is on

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:36:07 +0000

Hi,

in the datatracker, who can set the stream information for a document?

For example, https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto/ says "No stream defined" and I consequently cannot modify the stream state like I can for documents on my (the IRTF) stream, such as https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-cipher-catalog/

It would be great if stream owners were allowed to modify the stream a document is on (maybe only when none is set, if we don't trust these guys).

Lars

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:27:05 +0100

> in the datatracker, who can set the stream information for a document?

It looks like ADs and the Secretariat can change the stream the
document is on (in change_stream in ietf/idrfc/views_edit.py). I think
it should be easy to relax this check enough to let stream owners
through.

Ole

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:53:20 +0000

> it should be easy to relax this check enough to let stream owners

That would be great. Can we do this?

In addition, it would be great if the "Adopt in WG" functionality allowed RG chairs to adopt IDs into RGs. Currently, they aren't shown in the popup.

Lars

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:56:35 +0100

> That would be great. Can we do this?

I'm currently cleaning up the draft tabs and came across this. It took
ten minutes to fix, so unless someone objects, I'll commit it to be
rolled out with the cleanup work (which we're planning to do
incrementally so I expect it to land within a couple of releases).

> In addition, it would be great if the "Adopt in WG" functionality allowed RG chairs to adopt IDs into RGs. Currently, they aren't shown in the popup.

Last time I looked at this, the adoption code was a bit of a hairball.
But I'm supposed to get to at least some of that later in the cleanup
project I think. I'll make a note so I don't forget it and see if it
ends up being easily fixable too.

Ole

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:16:33 +0000

Hi,

any idea when these features will hit the running system?

Lars

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:44:14 +0100

Hi!

I'm done with the first chunk with the permission fix, but it depends
on when Henrik has time to merge it, there are a couple of things in
front of it in the queue, I think.

As for the RG adoption, realistically I'm probably not going to look
at that part until at least a month or two from now.

Ole