Subject: [Tools-discuss] closing kerberos/merting with kitten

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:14:41 +0000

Hi Henrik,

A question for you (or whoever knows) before I hit some
tracker buttons.

We're merging the kerberos and kitten working groups and
doing that by closing kerberos and re-chartering kitten.
The kitten re-charter is now done so its time to close
kerberos.

Q: are there any likely muck-ups that'll happen related to
tooling when we do that and is there anything we should do
to avoid/mitigate those?

I guess I'm mostly thinking about draft-ietf-krb-wg-*
drafts and what might happen with those if we do/don't
rename 'em to draft-ietf-kitten-* (I suspect authors
will prefer to keep the current draft names).

I don't think we need rush, so probably best is to chat
in a hallway in Orlando after we'd had a chance to
ponder it a bit. If need be, we can try arrange a time
to meet with the kitten chairs if there's a lot to
talk about (I suspect there isn't).

Thanks in advance,
S.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:36:10 -0500

I do have one specific question.  Stephen,
draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility is expected to come to you the week
of IETF.  Josh has asked for a minor revision, and Margaret will be
doing that as soon as the draft window re-opens (unless you want to
approve an exception to get it out of the way sooner).

How do we handle this draft in terms of the wg closure?

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:40:46 +0000

> approve an exception to get it out of the way sooner).

If you get me the updated draft and the pub-req then I'm
fine with getting it published since that'll save a bit
of face-to-face time.

> How do we handle this draft in terms of the wg closure?

It'll become a kitten draft I guess. Next telechat is
tomorrow and then not for a month so it'd be on that
one earliest and krb-wg should be gone by then.

Cheers,
S.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:11:25 +0100

Hi Stephen,

> will prefer to keep the current draft names).

Right.  We should then mark those drafts as belonging to
kitten, so they're listed under that WG.

> talk about (I suspect there isn't).

Sounds good to me.

Best regards,

	Henrik

-- 

I'm transitioning to a new PGP key at the moment, see details at
http://www.levkowetz.com/gpg-key-transition-2013-01-18.txt.asc

pub   4096R/8FBB171A 2013-01-21 [expires: 2015-01-21]
      Key fingerprint = 89F8 DCE7 EAE7 2F53 0905  C652 4E9B 574B 8FBB 171A

Henrik Levkowetz  <[email-masked]>