Subject: [Tools-discuss] multiple WG names in I-D filename

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:35:27 -0800

Some drafts are putting multiple WG names into the filename, like
draft-dhesikan-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos and draft-thomson-mmusic-rtcweb-bw-consent.
But I noticed that the Tools status page only notices the first WG name that
appears in the draft, that is, https://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb doesn't show
either of those draft I-Ds, whereas https://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg and
https://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic show the drafts.

It seems valuable if we could have the tools status page show drafts for
each WG, until there is a non-matching WG name in the draft.  Thoughts?  If
so, I can figure out how to open a bug to see if anyone wants to add this
functionality.

-d

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:30:02 -0400

Hi Dan,

> so, I can figure out how to open a bug to see if anyone wants to add this

I used to do a simplified version of this on tools (basically not restricting
the matches to the third name component) but had to give up on that when
the WG 'core' came along, as the number of false hits for that WG was - eh -
a bit excessive.

An alternative way forward might be to modify the draft submission tool to
capture the authors' own statement of which WGs the draft is relevant for.

This would of course only give us information going forward from the deployment
of that fix, but it would be much more definitive information that the current
convention provides.

Something for the next sprint?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:04:09 +0000

> the WG 'core' came along, as the number of false hits for that WG was - eh -

Yes, this seems doomed to me, since we like to use English words for WG names
when we can. Imagine draft-wing-simple-dime-core-clue (about a simple
method of provide a clue to a core implementation of dime).

> capture the authors' own statement of which WGs the draft is relevant for.

In xml2rfc, you can have multiple <workgroup>XXX</workgroup> entries.

   Brian

> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:24:38 -0400

Brian,

> method of provide a clue to a core implementation of dime).

Or what happens when an author's last name is the same as some working group name :-)

Bob

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:55:38 -0400

> In xml2rfc, you can have multiple <workgroup>XXX</workgroup> entries.

That seems suitable.

-d

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:56:26 -0400

> Or what happens when an author's last name is the same as some working group name :-)

I'm going to change my last name to 'Ietf'.

-d

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:00:07 -0400

> I'm going to change my last name to 'Ietf'.

or "Iab"

Or start the "Worldwide Internet Networking Graphs" working group!

Bob