Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] missing WG

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:24:56 +0200

Hi Peter,

I just saw your note (below) to the list.  (However, it's much better to
send a note to me or to (essentially the same) [email-masked])
if you want to get immediate attention...)

Anyway:  The reason for this was a bug in the fairly new charter
support in the datatracker, where not all state information for the
WG in question was generated correctly when a charter was marked as
approved.  This resulted in the jcardcal WG not being mentioned in
various places; in particular it was missing in
  http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/1wg-summary.txt

I've now fixed the bug in the datatracker, so this should not repeat
for new WGs; I've also fixed the database for jcardcal so the scripts
on tools.ietf.org will do their thing, and create the page.

On 2013-03-26 17:57 Peter Saint-Andre said:
> The JCARDCAL WG shows up on datatracker.ietf.org but not on
> tools.ietf.org...
> 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/jcardcal/
> https://tools.ietf.org/wg/jcardcal/
> 
> How in-sync is tools.ietf.org supposed to be?

You should never have to wait more than an hour to see changes.  For
some pages, maximum delay is as little as 3 minutes.

> And if tools.ietf.org is no longer canonical, what about add-on tools
> such as the issue tracker?

This was a bug; there's no intention of not keeping tools.ietf.org in
sync going forward.  Not only that; I'm working at several strategies
to improve latency substantially.

Best regards,

	Henrik