Subject: [Tools-discuss] Colored bars on top of HTML RFCs

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 21:55:48 +0200

There are colored bars on top of the HTML versions of RFCs to indicate their status.
(Brown – obsoleted, blue – PS, purple – BCP, orange – informational, etc.)
Subtle, but very useful for experienced users.

This HTML version doesn't have one:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6775 

Bug?  Feature?

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:33:26 -0700

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6775

It does.  White == unknown.

Since the document is clearly standards track, but not explicitly
PS/DS/FS, it's probably related to the metadata, which I'm guessing
isn't available for this RFC.

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:57:47 +0200

> isn't available for this RFC.

rfc-index.txt has little ambiguity here:

6775 Neighbor Discovery Optimization for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless
     Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs). Z. Shelby, Ed., S. Chakrabarti, E.
     Nordmark, C. Bormann. November 2012. (Format: TXT=130616 bytes)
     (Updates RFC4944) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

So, yes, it seems there is a metadata problem.

Grüße, Carsten