Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Accessing tools from IETF pages

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 20:08:07 +0100

Both links work just fine from a selection of browsers/os/machines other
than Msoft. (Firefox, Evolution, Chrome)  It also works on an old
version of IE8 but reports errors.

Presumably turning off some strict error checking in IE allows it to
display.

Running the page through the W3C HTML validator reports 14 Errors and 3
Warnings:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%
2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%
29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.3+http%3A%2F%
2Fvalidator.w3.org%2Fservices

/Elwyn

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 15:05 +0100, t.p. wrote:
> I wanted to submit an I-D so I wanted to access the tools, as I have
> done before, so I clicked on 'IETF Tools' from
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/
> and when that failed tried again with 'Tools Team Pages' from
> http://www.ietf.org/iesg/
> with the same result.  Can anyone else get to tools from that link?
> 
> It resolves to
> http://tools.ietf.org/
> which Internet Explorer (what else?) assures me cannot be displayed,
> either from the link or from typing it into the Open drop down.
> 
> The trouble ticket drew a response of
> 
> "It sounds like the tools pages were experiencing some issues that have
> now been resolved."
> 
> Well, for a few milliseconds, perhaps, but I get the same response
> 24x7x365x...
> 
> Not that easily put off, I found a way around it (thank you, Google),
> but in the spirit of wanting others to be able to do what I can (with
> some difficulty) do, I would like those links to work (or to disappear).
> 
> Tom Petch
> 
>