Subject: [Tools-discuss] Serving Django files staticly?

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:34:41 -0700

Greetings. I have no idea if the IETF Django instance is using this or not, but I just saw it and thought it might be of interest.

http://kennethreitz.org/introducing-dj-static/

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:08:04 +0200

Hi Paul,

On 2013-07-15 16:34 Paul Hoffman said the following:
> Greetings. I have no idea if the IETF Django instance is using this
> or not, but I just saw it and thought it might be of interest.
> 

Thanks.  That's interesting, and might be useful if we in the future move
to serving the datatracker directly from a wsgi server; with the current
setup, Apache is serving the static datatracker content directly, rather
than going through django, so performance is OK.

I get the impression that more and more people are deploying Django apps
through lightweight wsgi servers, rather than through (the initially more
cumbersome) Apache setup; I suspect that this app has been triggered by
that use case.

Best regards,

	Henrik