Subject: [Tools-discuss] Change in datatracker behavior

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:39:38 +0100

Hi,

I am at http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6445/
I click on the link "Was draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib" and although it claims
to be taking me to
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib/ it actually
just brings me back to the same page.

Bug or feature?

Adrian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 22:07:16 +0200

Hi Adrian,

> just brings me back to the same page.

Certainly sounds like a bug to me ,:-)

Probably an effect of the rather heavy refactoring which have taken place in
parts of the code with the latest release.  I'll have a look.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 22:10:47 +0200

Hi Adrian,

I just looked a little bit at this, and it might actually be correct, as
the RFC is considered just another instance of the document which started
out as draft-..., as you'll see if you look at the history tab.

What did you expect; what were you looking for on the draft page?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:28:16 -0400

> What did you expect; what were you looking for on the draft page?

I'm not certain, but I'm *pretty sure* this didn't used to work that
way -- that we used to be able to see the page for last version of the
draft.

That said, the main problems are these:

- The tools version lets one look at each version of the document
explicitly, but the datatracker doesn't.  This isn't a change, of
course.

- When the document was draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-21, the
history tab let us look at diffs between any pair of versions, 00 thru
21.  Now that it's RFC 6445, the history tab no longer allows any
diffs at all.  I'm pretty sure this is a change.  In any case, it's
unfortunate.

The workaround is, of course, to use the tools version.

Barry

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:38:57 -0500

> way -- that we used to be able to see the page for last version of the
I'm certain.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3261/ gave a view of the rfc

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis/ gave a view 
of the last version of the draft,
which gave you access to the ballots.
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:41:20 -0500

Hrmm - for the draft adrian pointed to, you can still get to the ballots.

RjS

On 7/24/13 3:38 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis/ gave a 
> view of the last version of the draft,

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:47:08 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

What I used to get was the datatracker page for the I-D that bare information
and a pointer to the tools version of the I-D.
The datatracker page usefully included the "replaces" information that allowed
you to track back further into history.

It used to be that the History tab of the RFC was fairly boring, but the History
tab of the I-D gave the progress of the I-D. This seems to now be in the History
of the RFC (I think).

I also see that (and this is odd) when I click on the IPR link on the RFC page I
get a search on the I-D name not on the RFC name.  I don't suppose this matters
as the output is probably the same, but it looks odd.
E.g. From http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6372/ click "IPR Disclosures" and
go to
http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=document_search&id=draft-ietf-mpl
s-tp-survive-fwk

I'm not currently blocked from getting the info I need (being a resourceful
rodent), but it is all a bit odd.

A

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Barry
> Leiba
> Sent: 24 July 2013 21:28
> To: Henrik Levkowetz
> Cc: Adrian Farrel; IESG; Tools Team Discussion
> Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Change in datatracker behavior
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:37:45 +0200

Hi Barry,

> explicitly, but the datatracker doesn't.  This isn't a change, of

Ah.  Right.  

> diffs at all.  I'm pretty sure this is a change.  In any case, it's

Oops!  Yes, that's a regression.  I'll find out where *that* went, and
bring it back.

> The workaround is, of course, to use the tools version.

Right, but you shouldn't need to; the diff functionality should be there.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:41:44 +0200

> On 2013-07-24 22:28 Barry Leiba said the following:

...

> Oops!  Yes, that's a regression.  I'll find out where *that* went, and

Ok, this should be fixed too, now.

Best regards,

	Henrik