Subject: [Tools-discuss] Problem looking at charter diffs?

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:40:21 -0500

When I tried to look at the DIFFs in the history for the MPLS and TRILL 
charters, which I've done for previous telechats, I'm getting "no file 
chosen" for both URLs ...

I was using https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mpls/history/, 
for example.

Barry pointed me toward

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket, but pointed out that I would need TICKET_CREATE privileges after logging in to do that, and I don't seem to have that privilege, so he pointed me to this mailing list as Plan B.

Spencer

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:50:28 +0200

Hi Spencer,

> I was using https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mpls/history/, 

Hmm.  Ok, I'll look at this.

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket, but pointed out that I would need TICKET_CREATE privileges after logging in to do that, and I don't seem to have that privilege, so he pointed me…

If you're logged in, you should be able to create a ticket.  No special
rights beyond being authenticated is required (which just means that you
get the TICKET_CREATE right by being logged in).

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:01:15 +0200

Hi Spencer,

> Hmm.  Ok, I'll look at this.

The problem was that the service hadn't been set up to handle https:// urls
for the docs to diff, and with a recent version of the datatracker, we started
taking the scheme used to access the service into consideration when generating
the docs to be diffed.  I've patched the diff service to handle https urls now,
so things should work as expected again.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:12:57 -0500

> so things should work as expected again.

Hi, Henrik,

The charter diffs are working the way I need them to work now - thank 
you for your quick response!

Spencer