Subject: [Tools-discuss] Error in the web-page generation

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:51:35 -0700

Hello,

I have been seeing "An error occurred at this point in the web-page 
generation." messages while accessing http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ over 
the past week.

Can someone please look into it?

Thanks,
-sm

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:56:54 +0200

Hi SM,

1. Thank you for reporting.  The problem should be fixed now.  Normally I
   get error reports directly from the server when something triggers that
   message; in this case, the server in question failed sending me those
   messages.

2. This list is for tools discussions, not for error reports.  Please send
   error reports about tools.ietf.org to [email-masked].

On 2013-09-21 18:51 SM said the following:
> generation." messages while accessing http://tools.ietf.org/wg/

3. That exact URL?  All 5 tools.ietf.org servers serve that URL without
  error when I tried it just now.

> over the past week.

4. FYI:  I've been running tools.ietf.org single-handedly since 2004.  I you
   want me to look into something, just send me an email, either at my own
   email address, or to [email-masked].  Asking 'someone' to look
   into it, as if there were a whole host of people with shared responsibility
   holding this up is a bit depressing after one has put almost 10 years of
   personal time into making tools.ietf.org provide service to the community.

Anyway.  The problem should be fixed now, and I'll make sure to fix things so
that the server again will be able to send me alerts on its own, too.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:44:28 -0700

Hi Henrik,
>   error when I tried it just now.

I recall seeing the problem when going to 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/  and http://tools.ietf.org/wg/  I 
did not make a note of the URLs as the error message mentioned that 
an email had been set.

>    personal time into making tools.ietf.org provide service to the community.

Sorry about that.  I'll comment off-list.

I appreciate the effort you have put in to keep tools.ietf.org 
running for nearly ten years.

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 19:23:15 +0200

Hi SM,

> did not make a note of the URLs as the error message mentioned that 

Understood.  The error affected all tools.ietf.org/wg/*/ (but not just /wg/)
on one of the tools servers, and I found it once I started walking downwards
from /wg/.

> running for nearly ten years.

Thank you! :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik