Subject: [Tools-discuss] missing obsolete tag on http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5102

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:41:58 +0200

RFC 5102 has been obsoleted by RFC 7012, yet there is no indication of
this on the following page.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5102

Thanks,
/Simon

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:33:41 +0200

Hi Simon,

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5102

Thanks for the alert.  Fixed!  Please report problems with tools.ietf.org
to [email-masked], not on the discussion list.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:05:47 +0200

You wrote:

> > RFC 5102 has been obsoleted by RFC 7012, yet there is no indication
> > of this on the following page.
> > 
> Thanks for the alert.  Fixed!  Please report problems with
> tools.ietf.org to [email-masked], not on the discussion
> list.

Thanks!  Sorry about that, will try to remember to next time.

/Simon

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:53:37 +0200

>to [email-masked], not on the discussion list.

I generally do not like sending mails into black holes where you can't
tell if you got past the anti-spam fences, cannot reference the message
later, can't point others to any response, can't search past reports of
the same or similar problems and reactions to them, ... I think using
this list at current volume is quite fine, but if not, then there ought
to be a dedicated publically archived mailing list for them.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:18:31 +0200

Hi Björn,

> to be a dedicated publically archived mailing list for them.

Using [email-masked] makes the reports end up in the right place;
sending to this list *doesn't* -- if I'm travelling or on vacation, they
will sit un-handled.  Please use the [email-masked] address.  If
you absolutely won't try to make life easier for me that way, I have set up
an issue tracker here that you can use:

  http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues

Of course, if you want to *discuss* a bug in the tools.ietf.org tools or
web pages, this is the right place.  But if you just want something fixed,
this list is not it.

	Henrik