Subject: [Tools-discuss] Bibtex to xml2rfc converter

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:24:24 +0200

Hi,

I created a tiny converter to eliminate the tedious creation of XML 
references for anything that's not an RFC or I-D. Alas, this is still 
needed even with lyx2rfc.

You can find a bibtex citation for essentially any academic paper, so 
now it's just a matter of pasting it into the tool, and out pops a 
beautiful <reference/> element. The code is at 
https://github.com/yaronf/bibtex2rfc. Comments, fixes and forks are 
welcome. Enjoy!

Input:

@INPROCEEDINGS{Bellovin92encryptedkey,
     author = {Steven M. Bellovin and Michael Merritt},
     title = {Encrypted Key Exchange: Password-Based Protocols Secure 
Against Dictionary Attacks},
     booktitle = {IEEE SYMPOSIUM ON RESEARCH IN SECURITY AND PRIVACY},
     year = {1992},
     pages = {72--84},
     publisher = {}
}

Output:

<reference anchor="Bellovin92encryptedkey"><front><title>Encrypted key 
exchange: password-based protocols secure against dictionary 
attacks</title><author fullname="Steven M. Bellovin" initials="S. M." 
surname="Bellovin" /><author fullname="Michael Merritt" initials="M." 
surname="Merritt" /><date year="1992" /></front></reference>

Yes, I know some information was lost. As I said, fixes are welcome...

Thanks,

     Yaron

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:02:31 -0500

> https://github.com/yaronf/bibtex2rfc. Comments, fixes and forks are

Thank you Yaron. I'm sure this will be very useful.

    Tony Hansen