Subject: [Tools-discuss] False positives on previous authors check?

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:55:57 -0800

I just got this message on draft submission:

"""
The submission is pending approval by the authors of the previous
version. An email has been sent to: "Martin Thomson"
<[email-masked]>

Please note that since the database does not have your email address
in the list of authors of previous revisions of the document, you are
not receiving a confirmation email yourself; one of the addressees
above will have to send a confirmation in order to complete the
submission. This is done to avoid document hijacking. If none of the
known previous authors will be able to confirm the submission, please
contact the Secretariat for action.
"""

Strange, since that was the email address I selected.

BTW, it would be nice if, for a single document author, it wasn't
necessary to hit the button that selects the author.  (Yeah, yeah,
next code sprint, maybe)

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:09:56 -0600

Yes, Magnus also found this bug a few days ago.
It's being tracked here:
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1237>

It would be a good sprint project

RjS

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:28:03 +0100

> <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1237>

Sorry, that was my fault. I fixed it now, but it will probably take
some days to reach the live server. You can safely ignore the warning
in the mean time, it's just a bug in the presentation code.

Ole