Subject: [Tools-discuss] Rfcmarkup-1.106 feedback (Trust Legal Provisions hyperlinks)

From: Ralph Giles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:13:54 -0800

Hi there.

The copyright section of recent drafts often includes a reference to
'Section N.a of the Legal Trust Provisions' for code licensing, from the
trust200902 boilerplate.

The current (r106) version of rfcmarkup mistakes this for a local
section reference, resulting in html like:

  in <a href="#section-4">Section 4</a>.e of

Instead it should generate:

  in <a
href="https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/IETF-TLP-4.htm">Section
4.e</a> of

Unfortunately this document doesn't have anchors. Perhaps it would
actually be better just to hyperlink 'Legal Trust Provisions' and leave
the section reference alone.

It would be nice if this could be added to the regex forest.

Cheers,
 -r

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:39:49 +0100

Hi Ralph,

> href="https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/IETF-TLP-4.htm">Section

Yes. Good point. Very much a special case though, which of course hurts.

> the section reference alone.

Yes.

> It would be nice if this could be added to the regex forest.

Ugh.  I'll do so.

Thanks for pointing this out, though :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik