Subject: [Tools-discuss] IDNITS checker fails

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:01:40 -0500 (EST)

While I was trying to check the nits on an Internet-Draft, I ran into
a strange failure of the on-line IDNITS checker.

To see it work:
Copy draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-11.txt into a file of that name.
Go to http://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits/.
Use Browse to find the file, click "Check file".
Result is a nits report on the file.

To see it fail:
Copy draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-11.txt into a file named
draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-11, that is, omitting the extension
".txt".
Go to http://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits/.
Use Browse to find the file, click "Check file".
Result is the IDNITS tool submission form, that is, no report or error
message at all.

(This is with Firefox 27.0 running on Linux.)

Dale