Subject: [Tools-discuss] broken link in https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 10:12:53 -0400

Hi IETF Tools folks--

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-12

has two links at the top of the page:

 /html/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-11.txt
 /html/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-12.txt

But within the context of https://www.ietf.org/ , these don't resolve
properly.  (it seems to be expecting to be run on
https://tools.ietf.org/ instead -- indeed, rfcdiff is *also* available
on tools)

I don't know if the right way to resolve this is to have
https://www.ietf.org/html/draft* redirect to tools.ietf.org, or to
publish the drafts directly on www or some other solution.

thanks for maintaining these useful tools,

	--dkg

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 21:48:46 +0200

Hi Daniel,

You're certainly active with respect to bug reporting today ;-)

More inline:

> https://tools.ietf.org/ instead -- indeed, rfcdiff is *also* available

Yes, those links needed to be fixed up to work right after the tool
was deployed on www.ietf.org too.  Fixed.

> publish the drafts directly on www or some other solution.

For now, I've fixed up the copy of rfcdiff on www.ietf.org to explicitly
point to tools.ietf.org/html/.

> thanks for maintaining these useful tools,

Thank you, and thanks for reporting bugs :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik