Subject: [Tools-discuss] UUID mismatches on SVN repo

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 09:15:43 -0600

When attempting to commit changes to the STOX repo just now, I received 
this error:

svn: E170009: Repository UUID '3c85eae1-d86a-4165-a94a-da8c2f375bfb' 
doesn't match expected UUID '6989190a-9bb8-4c5e-9923-b62f02be28ea'

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Thanks!

Peter

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:34:22 +0200

Hi Peter,

> Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Identical copies (and backups) of all the repos should have been kept on
all the tools servers, updated from the primary svn server.  When the
primary ran into filesystem corruption last week, I shifted to one of
the others, which took over as primary.  For the repositories that I use
myself, the shift was without hiccup; the repository UUID had been properly
transferred over.  However, from what you're saying, this was not the case
for the stox repo.

Would you be kind enough to do a checkout of stox from the current repo,
and diff with your old repo, to see if there are any discrepancies?  If
not, I should be able to do 'svnadmin setuuid' here to change the repo
uuid back to the previous one.  If there are discrepancies, I'll have to
look at the backups, and may need to coordinate more with you off-list.

Best regards,

	Henrik