Subject: [Tools-discuss] password setup on tools.ietf.org failing

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:24:30 -0400

I went to https://tools.ietf.org/tools/loginmgr/newlogin to request a
login so that i could authenticate to the trac instance for xml2rfc [0].

I put in my e-mail address and got the "IETF Tools Servers Password"
e-mail, with a link in it with an auth ID.

I clicked that link, entered a password, and ended up at
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/loginmgr/setpasswd.pyht, with the
following error message:

--------------------
Error
Something went wrong when trying to set the new password. The error
information given was: Error 256, Auth data verification SUCCESS
loginmgr(250): Command failed with error code 1 ([25211] ./loginmgr )
--------------------

The password i had tried to set doesn't seem to work when i try to
authenticate at https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/login

I'm using the same e-mail address as i'm sending this report from during
authentication, if that helps with searching the logs to figure out
what's going on there.

	--dkg

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/