Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] xml.resource.org is up again

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 11:02:48 -0400

On 5/28/14, 11:00 AM, "Tony Hansen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Because of the recent DNS changes for xml.resource.org, and the magic of
>redirection, the DNS for xml.resource.org is essentially under IETF
>control. Not 100%, but close enough. (xml.resource.org is now a CNAME
>pointing to a name under ietf.org that we control.)

Since it’s the anniversary of world IPv6 day, I disabled IPv4 at my desk
and tried to do work. Happened to have a draft I needed to run through
XML2RFC.
That ended badly:

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa xml.resource.org

xml.resource.org.       37      IN      CNAME   xml2rfc.ietf.org.
xml2rfc.ietf.org.       860     IN      CNAME   zinfandel.tools.ietf.org.

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa xml2rfc.ietf.org
xml2rfc.ietf.org.       1799    IN      CNAME   zinfandel.tools.ietf.org.

HDCMAC152433:~ e158182$ dig aaaa zinfandel.tools.ietf.org

*crickets chirping*

Please fix. Given Happy Eyeballs’ tendency to obscure IPv6 problem by
seamlessly falling back to IPv4, testing with IPv4 disabled may need to
become part of standard rollout procedure in order to ensure that it
actually works over IPv6.

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 15:11:00 -0400

I pinged Henrik on this one -- a AAAA record was missing.

xml.resource.org should work now (again) over IPv6.

     Tony Hansen