Subject: [Tools-discuss] Long delay in tools.ietf.org and new drafts

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:24:25 -0700

Greetings again. I thought that tools.ietf.org was supposed to show new drafts within 15 minutes of publication, but draft-hoffman-dns-tls-stub-00 is now many minutes older than that (:-)) and it still gets a Not Found. Is this me misunderstanding the SLA, or an operational bug?

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:48:51 +0200

Hi Paul,

On 2014-08-18 20:24 Paul Hoffman said the following:
> Greetings again. I thought that tools.ietf.org was supposed to show
> new drafts within 15 minutes of publication, but
> draft-hoffman-dns-tls-stub-00 is now many minutes older than that
> (:-)) and it still gets a Not Found. Is this me misunderstanding the
> SLA, or an operational bug?

Sounds like a bug.  I'm investigating.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 07:59:37 -0700

> Sounds like a bug.  I'm investigating.

It showed up on tools.ietf.org about an hour after posting.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:09:18 -0400

> It showed up on tools.ietf.org about an hour after posting.

A useful enhancement is for the 404 processor to double check to see if 
this is a new document before reporting such the 404 Not Found error. If 
it finds it, it initiates an immediate update for that document.

Should this be added to the code sprint's list of items?

     Tony

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:24:16 +0200

> Should this be added to the code sprint's list of items?

No, I'm looking at implementing a notify-on-change model as a lower-
bandwidth, lower-latency alternative.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:29:41 +0200

> It showed up on tools.ietf.org about an hour after posting.

Ack.  I've found the issue with the frequent updates -- should 
be fixed now.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:20:22 -0400

> bandwidth, lower-latency alternative.

Even better! :-)

     Tony Hansen