Subject: [Tools-discuss] 'edit shepherds document' link failure?

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:49:28 -0400

Say from this example:
  <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/>

clicking on the little pencil by 'Shepherd Write-Up:' which is:

<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/shepherdwriteup/?

and ... I get the empty shepherds document page with 'edit', clicking on
'edit' gets me:

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a
script used to generate the requested page. In case this was an overload
problem or other temporary error, you may want to try again in a little
while.

A failure report with details about what happened has been sent to the
server administrators. It would be helpful if you would file a bug
report with additional information at the IETF database issue tracker, too"

guess it's back to the oldschool email-iesg-secretary path?

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:58:08 +0100

Hi Chris,

This is better reported either to the secretariat or to the issue tracker;
from the tools-discuss list footer:

  Please reports datatracker.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb

The server sent us tracebacks which should make it possible to track this
down fairly quickly.  Your description is valuable in showing exactly the
steps leading up to this; thanks for that.

Will send you more info directly once we have a fix.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:59:47 -0400

>   Please reports datatracker.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb

whoops! ok, thanks.

> Will send you more info directly once we have a fix.

ok, cool. It's POSSIBLE that this is that I'm not a co-chair for IDR...
and want to write up the shepherds document. So, this might actually be
working as intended.

-chris

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:12:09 +0100

> On 10/29/2014 09:58 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

<<snip>>

> and want to write up the shepherds document. So, this might actually be

Nope; it's a bug all right.  I've applied a patch; please try again now
and let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:19:11 -0400

> and let us know how it goes.

worx! thanks :)