Subject: [Tools-discuss] Change on the draft aliases

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:56:02 +0000

Hi,

There seems there has been a recent change on how draft aliases are expanded — maybe related to moving the aliases and the changes at https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/5.11.1/ [9083] [9070], maybe not?

For example, http://mail.tools.ietf.org/draft/aliases now shows:
draft-kumarkini-mpls-spring-lsp-ping: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

One implication is that the Resent-to header does not include individual email addresses expanded:
From:
Resent-To: Carlos Pignataro Hannes Gredler Mach Chen Nagendra Kumar Nobo Akiya Sri Kini George Swallow // addresses removed
To:
Resent-To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

This broke filters that rely on finding individual email addresses in this header. This is not the case on the “WG alias file” (yet?).

Could we have the individual addresses added back to this Header?

Thanks!

— Carlos.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:10:06 +0100

Hi Carlos,

(Bcc:ing [email-masked])

On 2015-02-25 21:56, Carlos Pignataro (cpignata) wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> There seems there has been a recent change on how draft aliases are
> expanded — maybe related to moving the aliases and the changes at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/5.11.1/ [9083] [9070], maybe
> not?

Definitely so.  The expansion has now moved to the main ietf mail server,
and the issue below is related to removing expansion @tools.ietf.org,
leaving that to the postfix program @ietf.org

> This broke filters that rely on finding individual email addresses in
> this header. This is not the case on the “WG alias file” (yet?).
> 

That's the intention.  Robert and I requested this from the secretariat
a couple of weeks ago, about the same time as I set up expansion for
the same addresses @ietf.org.  Clearly it hasn't happened yet.  I don't
know how to make postfix add that header; when I set up the Resent-To:
header for the draft-* alias expansion on tools.ietf.org, I did it using
exim.  In other words, I can't offer advice to the secretariat in this
case.

As mentioned above, I'm Bcc:ing the secretariat, I'll also ping them on
Jabber.

Best regards,

	Henrik