Subject: [Tools-discuss] Idnits-2.13.02 feedback: Apostrophe bug in helpmsg

From: Chris Rebert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 23:36:27 -0700

Hello,

Part of the message output by `idnits --help` reads:
>         --nowarn        Don\047t issue warnings, only ID-nits violations

There should obviously be an apostrophe instead of the 4 characters
"\047".

Presumably this was a minor oversight from when the usage() AWK
function was copied and translated into bash as the helpmsg()
function.
Line 3528 of the helpmsg() bash function can and should just use a
literal apostrophe in its source code.

Cheers,
Chris

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 14:58:09 +0200

Hi Chris,

> literal apostrophe in its source code.

Thanks.  Fixed in my source, will be part of the next release.

Best regards,

	Henrik