Subject: [Tools-discuss] heritage through replacement?

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:09:54 +0200

Hi,

as Shepherd of draft-ietf-l2vpn-spbm-evpn-02 I had prepared the write-up 
for the document. I had also done a review of the doc.
The author decided to republish as draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-00.
I had no opposition to that since the item is being handled by BESS 
since the closure of L2VPN.
However when I marked draft-ietf-l2vpn-... as replaced by 
draft-ietf-bess-... I realized that the latter did not inherit the 
characteristics of the former (intended status, state, write-up, 
shepherd, ...).

I had no precise expectation regarding that rather I was curious to know 
what would be the result.

Now that I know, I wonder if some characteristics shouldn't be copied 
from one to the other, or even ideally that we be given the choice of 
what to replicate.

Thoughts?

-m