Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Bug in IETF diff tool

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 21:40:13 +0200

Hi Andy,

On 2015-10-01 20:50, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> Henrik et al,
> 
> I found a bug today in the IETF diff tool. I've attached three
> files, draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-01.txt,
> draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-02.txt,
> and the output of the diffs tool.
> 
> The diffs tool failed to report one of the changes I made from -01 to -02.
> 
> In section 3, item 2, first line, I changed "setup" in revision -01 to "set
> up" in revision -02. However, the diff tool reports this as unchanged in
> revision -02 and shows the text as "setup" in both files.

Yes, I see I had it running with --ignore-whitespace on the web service.  I seem
to remember that the reason for that was that (at the time) too many drafts had
excessive right-hand whitespace, which would then result in insanely wide
diff columns.  I'll strip trailing line whitespace instead.

Please, when reporting bugs on tools at tools.ietf.org, report directly to me
or [email-masked], which goes to me.

Best regards,

	Henrik