Subject: [Tools-discuss] Is there a good reason why the 'system' changed the Notify list to 'None'?

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 00:03:03 +0200

Hi, Deborah.

I was just checking back to see if a new version of this draft 
(draft-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect) that I had done a gen-art review on a 
couple of weeks ago had been generated.  You sent it for expert review 
back on 5 Oct and suddenly on 14 Oct the system, for no apparent reason, 
has set the notify list to 'None' in the datatracker.  Is there some 
good reason why this should happen that I am missing?

Cheers,
Elwyn

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 20:34:58 -0500

Elwyn -

With the 6.6.0 release, the way the tracker build where email was sent 
changed significantly.
The new system includes most of what we were putting into the Notify 
field (things like the authors, chairs, and sheperds) automatically - 
those were cleaned out of the Notify field since they will be copied 
anyhow. In this document's case, that left the Notify field empty.

Going forward, the notify field should only contain addresses that would 
not otherwise be automatically copied when mail is sent.

To see where mail will be sent for a given action, look at the new 
"Email Expansions" tab
(for the draft you mention, that's at 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect/email/> 
)

btw - you weren't on the Notify list for the draft explicitly.
See 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect/history/>

RjS

On 10/18/15 5:03 PM, Elwyn Davies wrote:
> (draft-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect) that I had done a gen-art review on 
> a couple of weeks ago had been generated.  You sent it for expert 
> review back on 5 Oct and suddenly on 14 Oct the system, for no 
> apparent reason, has set the notify list to 'None' in the 
> datatracker.  Is there some good reason why this should happen that I 
> am missing?
>
> Cheers,
> Elwyn
>

---

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:20:58 +0000

Hi Elwyn,
Not that I know of - must be with the automated mailing list generated by data tracker. I'll check later if I am able to edit.
Thanks-
Deborah

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 18, 2015, at 6:05 PM, Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi, Deborah.
> 
> I was just checking back to see if a new version of this draft (draft-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect) that I had done a gen-art review on a couple of weeks ago had been generated.  You sent it for expert review back on 5 Oct and suddenly on 14 Oct the system, for no apparent reason, has set the notify list to 'None' in the datatracker.  Is there some good reason why this should happen that I am missing?
> 
> Cheers,
> Elwyn

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:35:15 -0400

Hi Elwyn,

The tools changed so that the authors, shepherd, chairs, and ADs are
automatically notified.
Now the notify field is for others who are interested (such as yourself).
I believe that the
pruning was done removing the names that would be automatically sent to -
but the WG
chairs and ADs were also notified of the changes.

Thanks for your work as a GenArt reviewer and your diligence in following
up.

Regards,
Alia

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]> wrote:

> couple of weeks ago had been generated.  You sent it for expert review back
> on 5 Oct and suddenly on 14 Oct the system, for no apparent reason, has set
> the notify list to 'None' in the datatracker.  Is there some good reason
> why this should happen that I am missing?
>
> Cheers,
> Elwyn
>

---

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:53:53 +0000

Hi Elwyn,

Not sure why it defaulted to "None", but I was able to edit it so fixed it to draft.all which seems better than "None" as I don't think "None" will be much help with having a discussion unless Avri has a reindeer with that name:-)

Much thanks for bringing to my attention-
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A 
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 8:21 AM
To: Elwyn Davies
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Is there a good reason why the 'system' changed the Notify list to 'None'?

Hi Elwyn,

Sent from my iPhone