Subject: [Tools-discuss] Idnits-2.13.02 feedback

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:56:42 -0400

Hi

The tools makes mention of "non-RFC5735-compliant IPv4 addresses"  in 
one of the checks.
But 5735 has been updated by 6598.  this should be updated.

tim

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:41:19 +0200

Hi Tim,

> But 5735 has been updated by 6598.  this should be updated.

Umm.  6598 specifies the allocation of a /10 (100.64.0.0/10) for use
in carrier-grade NATs, but that doesn't make this range suitable for
example use in IDs and RFCs, from what I can see?  The addresses which
idnits warns about are addresses which don't fall into the ranges
specified by 5735 for documentation and example use, and I don't see
that this has changed?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:15:55 -0400

Henrik

You're right. I had been just working on an addition to 6598
(draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303) and had it on my brain in the wrong 
way.  Now that I've gone back in the light of day, I was mistaken. 
Thanks for catching it.

tim