Subject: [Tools-discuss] Is there a way to submit a bug/problem report via email?

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 11:50:32 -0400

Hello,

Is there a way to submit a bug/problem report via email?

For datatracker?  For tools?

Thanks,

Lou

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:50:44 +0200

Hi Lou,

> For datatracker?  For tools?

For tools, see the list footer for this list.  For the datatracker, mail
to ietf-action will eventually reach Robert and me, but I'll see if I can
get a better one set up, and added to the list footer.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:57:32 -0400

Thanks!

PS Datatracker login wasn't working properly earlier today -- seems to
be okay now.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:20:52 +0200

> PS Datatracker login wasn't working properly earlier today -- seems to

Ack; known and resolved.  Thanks!

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:40:44 +0200

Hi Lou,

On 2016-06-23 18:57, Lou Berger wrote:
>>> >> For datatracker?

For the datatracker, you can now send to [email-masked].

I've updated the list footer.

>  For tools?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:22:49 -0400

aaaa, okay.  Thanks.  Why not just [email-masked]?

Lou

PS thanks for the footer update, most who care should notice this !

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 23:10:57 +0200

> aaaa, okay.  Thanks.  Why not just [email-masked]?

1) That address was already in use for another purpose.

2) [email-masked] has existed for some time, and already
   receives stack traces from the datatracker when things go wrong,
   so it's a good match.  The recipient list already had almost all
   the right people; with an update done today, it's just right.

   But I do agree that the localpart isn't semantically great for the
   purpose.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:19:08 -0400

Thanks Henrik, a reasonable answer...

Lou