Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] etherpad in jitsi

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:30:27 +0200

Hey Michael,

This one slipped through the cracks

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> a) Is the etherpad in the jitsi accessible from outside JITSI?

It is but not in an optimal way. Your conference pad would look
something like this:

https://jitsi.tools.ietf.org/etherpad/p/fa823d4ff3fe46e2b91d2be6a283fcb2

The part after "p" is generated in a random way for every new conference.

> b) it's not the etherpad from etherpad.tools.ietf.org... could it be?

Impossible is nothing ;). More below

> c) could it persist across uses of the same room?  At least, could it
>    persist for an hour or two, in case everyone gets disconnected,
>    and so we can capture it.

Pads are removed every 6 hours. The reason you are not finding them is
because when a new conference is created (even if it uses the name of
a previous one) a new random pad name is generated. This is primarily
meant for privacy reasons.

I guess in IETF's case we can make sure we always use a pad name that
corresponds to that of the conference. Something like:
http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/rtcweb

Would this work?

We should meetup while in Berlin :)

Emil

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:22:17 -0400

> https://jitsi.tools.ietf.org/etherpad/p/fa823d4ff3fe46e2b91d2be6a283fcb2

Maybe this URL could be available somewhere, as it might help some who are
participating in a room.  I.e. multiple people in a room with a single A/V,
but they want to edit seperately...

    >> persist for an hour or two, in case everyone gets disconnected, and so
    >> we can capture it.

    > because when a new conference is created (even if it uses the name of a
    > previous one) a new random pad name is generated. This is primarily

Good reason...

    > Would this work?

This it would be awesome really!

    > We should meetup while in Berlin :)

okay.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:05:51 +0200

Done!

The etherpad is now ietf's and the pads have the same name as the Jitsi
Meet conference

On Monday, 18 July 2016, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Emil Ivov <[email-masked] <javascript:;>> wrote:
> ]     [email-masked] <javascript:;>  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |
>  ruby on rails    [
>
>

-- 
sent from my mobile

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:02:14 -0400

Emil Ivov <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > The etherpad is now ietf's and the pads have the same name as the
    > Jitsi Meet conference

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 20:03:57 +0200

Our pleasure entirely :)

-- 
https://jitsi.org