Subject: [Tools-discuss] Rfcmarkup-1.118 feedback

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 15:03:31 +0200

Hi,

HTML markup does not work fine with multi-line titles.
For instance:
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05

the second line for Appendix B is not in the <span> element:

   <span class="h2"><a class="selflink" name="appendix-B" 
href="#appendix-B">Appendix B</a>.  Document History (to be removed by 
RFC Editor before</span>
              publication)

While I'm at it, I noticed two other things:

* <meta name="DC.Date.Issued" content="1998-00-20" />

Is the date normal?  I thought it would be the publication date of the 
Internet-Draft.

* How the text "commands from the client are indicated with [C]" (in 
Section 1.2) is supposed to be written?  A reference is automatically 
put for [C] though there should not be any.  Afterwards in the document, 
all the uses of "[C]" are converted to "[<a name="ref-C" id="ref-C">C</a>]".
Should I use HTML entities to write "[" and "]"?  It wouldn't be 
convenient at all, though.

And why the text "responses from the server are indicated with [S]" does 
not result in a similar reference for [S]?

Incidentally, the URL of the tools-discuss ml archives does not work.
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
gives a link to www1.ietf.org in the first section (instead of 
www.ietf.org).

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« – Tu n'as rien remarqué d'étrange chez cet Arverne ?
   – Oui, son accent. » (Astérix)