Subject: [Tools-discuss] Problems with HTML markup in RFC2328

From: Garri Djavadyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 11:57:13 +0500

Dear IETF tools support team,

The links to subsection number anchors are not work on page
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2328, although the links to main section
number (w/o dots) works as expected. For example,
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2328#section-1.1

Many thanks in advance!

Garri

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:37:56 +0200

Hi Garri,

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2328#section-1.1

This is a limitation of the automatic htmlization script.  The formatting
of this RFC is such that the script doesn't recognise the subsection
headings as such.  Changing the script to recognise this breaks other
documents in other ways.  The current htmlization tool is based on regular
expressions; in order to fix this a re-write which parses the document is
probably needed.

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry that no quick fix is available.

Best regards,

	Henrik