Subject: [Tools-discuss] svn error accessing svn.tools.ietf.org

From: "HANSEN, TONY L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 18:34:43 +0000

About a month ago, some of the tools.ietf.org servers moved around a bit. I’m now getting this error in one of my svn trees. Anyone have a clue what I need to do to fix it?

svn log
svn: E170000: 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc' isn't in the same repository as 'https://tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc'

                Tony Hansen

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 21:22:06 +0200

My subversion-foo is fading, but

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html
or, more likely,
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.relocate.html

may be of help.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: "HANSEN, TONY L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:10:18 +0000

Thank you Carsten.

Turns out that simply doing an “svn update” seems to fix the problem. Don’t know why; don’t care why; as long as it works. ☺

	Tony

On 8/4/16, 3:22 PM, "Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    
    may be of help.
    
    Grüße, Carsten

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 11:20:40 -0400

"HANSEN, TONY L" <[email-masked]> writes:
> About a month ago, some of the tools.ietf.org servers moved around a
> bit. I'm now getting this error in one of my svn trees. Anyone have a
> clue what I need to do to fix it?
>
> svn log

What happened is that the URL at which the repository can be accessed
has changed, and now doesn't match the URL recorded in your .svn.  You
relocate the working copy using the "svn switch" command.  I've never
really memorized it (as one uses it quite rarely).  Check out the
references that Tony mentioned, and of course, make a backup copy of
your working tree before trying anything.

Dale

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 12:05:07 +0200

On 2016-08-04 20:34, HANSEN, TONY L wrote:
> bit. I’m now getting this error in one of my svn trees. Anyone have a
> svn: E170000: 'http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc' isn't in
> the same repository as 'https://tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc'

As indicated by Carsten and Dale, you should use the 'svn switch' command.

The change that caused this was forcing http to https.

Best regards,

	Henrik
	on Linux Bier Wanderung